Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 102

Ace was good at being brave- because he was good at covering that he was scared. He must have been scared- because Alex looked furious. And we all knew that Alex never once kept his anger bottled up- and it didn't seem like he had his pillow with him.

I watched him beady little black eyes try to stare a whole right through Ace, making him look around nervously before backing up into the nearest arcade game. Alex didn't stop apporaching him, he kept walking until he was right infront of Ace.

I knew what was happening before it even happened. I saw Alex launch himself forward, pushing Ace to the floor as the punches went flying in fury and hatred.

"GUYS- STOP," I yelled, staying my distance as Alex's friends all cheered before joining in to gain up on the scrawny boy.

I looked at Angel, and before I said a word, he had joined in on the dog-pile also.

I looked around the room, and it appeared that the fight had caught the attention of the other customers. I watched as parents lead their kids out the door, covering their kids eyes from the violence, and their ears from the cursing.

The fight had evetually caught the attention of the manager, who stormed over, scattering everyone alcross the room.

"Common guys- you're chasing away all my cusotmers! Get the hell out of here before I call the cops- if you want to scrap, go do it somewhere else," Everyone stood up and brushed themselves off, except Ace, who stayed curled up on the floor.

"Get lost- I mean it- you too... get going," he said as Alex and his gang went out the door with wide-set grins and piercing eyes as they shoved their hands deep in their pockets.

The chuby man turned to us and said, "You too- all of you... you guys looking for trouble then I don't want you here."

I opened my mouth, "We weren't looking for trouble- it was them, I swear... we didn't do anything. They just attacked us. They had a larger number, we wouldn't have started it."

He looked at all of us and stroked his chin, pondering at that thought. "Either way. It goes against the arcade policy- you have to leave. Kid," he turned to Ace, who was still hiding in his arms. "Get yourself cleaned up."