Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 106

I stumbled up the hill as the sun began to set. The cars were still rushing underneath as I stepped onto the ledge of the overpass, slightly smiling as I struggled to keep my balance. I looked around and smiled at the perfect setting- everything was so beautiful. I wiggled my toes closer and laughed as people got out of their cars below to look up to me. I laughed at their screaming. At their pointing. Didn't they know it was rude to point? It was okay- I forgive them... I was fixing the broken.

I outstretched my arms and felt the cool wind slicing through the layers of clothes to the millions of wounds embedded in the skin beneath. I inhaled deeply- tasting the air... it was fresh and soothing. Everything was so serene. It was so beautiful. So peaceful. I heard the helicopters overhead of be and giggled more- it had broken my concentration.

The time was perfect. I closed my eyes and turned my head to the road. I saw Jayde in my mind. I heard her voice.

What are you doing?

Fixing the broken.

No you're not.

Yes I am. Look- I'm broken. The pieces are slowly coming together... well- they will. After the disassemble- down there...I giggled.

Ace, you're weak. Come with me.

I looked at her as she outstretched her arms.

Come with me

I lifted my arms out to touch hers with a smile, my laughing coverring the screams and screetching of cars behind me.

Grab my hand.

I'm coming. Wait for me.

I wiggled my feet towards the edge and leaned forward.

You're so beautiful. I'm coming. I love you.

You need help. Come with me- I'll help you...

I sent myself off the edge and felt arms reach out to me, grasping around me harshly, killing my spirit; harming my bruises. Killing me.

Screams filled my ears like an angel chorus.

It's alright- God, someone call an amblulance... quick!

What...?