Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 108

A nurse came in with a cup.

"Oh, you're awake," she said cheerfully.

Once again, I ignored her and looked out the window.

"Ace, you've got to take this."

I looked down at the continents of the cup. Black. Tar. Discusting. I closed my mouth.

"Take it," it commanded.

I opened my mouth. The taste couldn't add anything onto the pain. I was wrong. I didn't swallow it- instead it slowly slid down my throat in the most torturing way. It wasn't long before it came back up- bringing the rest of the contents of my stomach with it. All over me.

"Fuck," I mummbled, looking down at the sheets.

"It's okay- that supposed to happen.... I'll just clean it up," she said and took off the sheets replacing them with new ones.

"Fuck you," I mumbled.

"Now Ace, try to lighten up a bit. You'll be here a lot longer if you don't." And with that, she left the room.

The man entered a few moments later as I sighed, trying to relax as I placed my head on the pillow.

"I called the girl... she... she said she'll be here soon."

I simply nodded, wanting no contact with this man.

"So I guess ther'es no need for me. I best be going home."

I nodded once more.

He smiled and weakly waved before he turned around and left, leaving me to drown in my own pitiful lake of self-disownment. I was so angry- with myself. That anger would never go away. Never. Never. Ever.

And Jayde... what will she say? She'll be angry this time for sure- leave once she knows what I've done. She'll scream and have a fit before me, finally telling me just what I want to here. I'm stupid, I'm worthless, I didn't fix the broken.