Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 112 [Ace's POV]

In... out... in... out...

It was my heavy breaths that lead me to pass the lonely night in sleep. And I was fortunate enough to pass the night dreamless, with nothing but a promise to keep me 'til morning. A promise of Jayde's face; her voice; her smile. Something that made me feel a hundred times better than any material item she could bring me.

Unfortunatetly for me, I wasn't able to wake up to the serenity of Jayde the next morning. Instead, Jeff (my psyciatrist) was standing at my bedside with his clipboard and his annoying smirk- telling me I was in for it.

The nurse had woken me up, shaking me in a manner that was supposed to be polite, but seemed harsh and unnecessary under my painful standards.

"Goodmorning Ace," Jeff remarked in his usual cheery voice as his rosy cheeks reflected the sunlight through the window. He grimly sat down in his chair and so very smudgly looked up at me with that deathly look of disapointment shown in a smile.

"It's not that good," I stated crudely, showing him a hint of disrespect and annoyance as I readied for the longest lecture of my life.

He cleared his throat and lup to me, his expressions turning serious. "Ace- I think we need to have a little talk.

"No shit."