Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 116

Jayde's mother picked her up early that afternoon, and I sat on the bed, twidling the headphones through my fingers. I sighed, breathing heavily as I looked out the window to the passing traffic.

Was it really that wrong to want to end everyone's misery? Was I that insane? If I was, were had my sanity gone to? Was it burrowed deep inside my thoughts? Was it retracable? I looked down at my iPod and put the headphones in my ears, blaring out the sound of the nurses with a comforting sound I knew as 'Escape the Fate'.

A nurse walked in a said something I couldn't here. I gave her the finger with a smirk and looked out the window, ignoring her. This had most definately put me in a better mood. Until seconds later, when someone tapped my shoulder. A jumped, ripping them off and turning around at the speed of lightening.

"Jesus Christ- Angel you scared the shit outta me."

"Sorry man... The nurse told me to just come in here. If you want me to leave, I'll go," he said with his hands shoved deep in his pockets.

"No- it's okay," I stated, turning around to face him.

It was awkwardly quiet for a moment.

"Hey man- you know... you scared us. Your story was all over the news last night."

I looked down at the sheets. Angel didn't have a very good way of showing he was sensitive.

"I already told Jayde I'm sorry."

"How can all this councelling and shit ot be working? You've been in it for half a year..."

"Sometimes that shit just don't work for everybody," I stated simply.

"So now what," he asked.

I smirked. "I get locked up, and the key gets thrown away."

"Nah- common, I'm being serious."

"So am I."

"Whatever. Well... I guess I should go."

I nodded, trying not to seem to upset that I knew he was just leaving because he was awkward with me.

He smiled. "Don't worry- I'll come back tomorrow."

I noded, waving him off in a lazy fashion with a dumb-ass smirk on my face that I wish someone would slap off.