Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 117

I lounged around in that hospital room for two weeks, tormenting the nurses so. I would cuss them out and call them dirty names, and in the worse cases, sent them away in tears. I spent every waking moment joking around- not being serious; not seeing the seriousness of my situation. I didn't want to see the seriousness of my situation.

I knew I would never get better- my habits would never change, I would keep screwing up everyone's lives until they all decided to give up on me, or I died. I figured dying would cause a lot less pain for the people around me.

Progressing in a possitive way just didn't seem like a factor to me. Life was like climbing a wall- impossible. You would get that tiny bit up progress before you came crashing down again. And I had gotten into the habit of accepting that I was just going to crash once I progressed, so why bother?

***

The door burst open, and not only did Dr. Green walk in, but he was accompanied by the manager at McKellar.

"Fuck you," I stated, turning around to face the thunder storm outside. The sky lit up with lightening and it was hard to think that the mornung sun was hidden somewhere inside those clouds.

"Now Ace, we're here on important buissness. There's been a breakthrough," Jeff said, inviting himself to the seat beside the bed.

"What the fuck is that supposed to mean."

"Ace, you're going to be transferred. You're not of legal age to not have a legal guardian, and since your father's been deseased, there's been news that you'll be moving to Ohio to live with your grandparents."

I scrunched up my face in disbelief. "What the fuck? Are you kidding?"

Neither of them answerred.

"Ohio? I don't even know them... I've met them like... twice my entire life! What can they do for me?"

Jeff sighed, "Your grandfather's got a job for you up there, and Mr. Myers here has set you up in a program up there for you to be enrolled in."

"Fuck that- I'm not going anywhere."

"Ace- try and be reasonable."

"Fuck you.! I'll... I'll- I'll... kill myself!"

"Ace, you can't threaten us with suicide. There's no guarantee that you will, and there's no guarantee that you won't. But I'd like to think that you've learned a little lesson in the last little while, and our conferences have taught you something."

"Fuck you," I spat. "Fuck both of you- Get out! Get the hell out of here!"

"You leave next monday."

"GET OUT!"

They both got out and quietly left, leaving me to vent out my anger in a pattern of swears and fits, pushing a few small unimportant things around the room. But then a troubled thought came over me,

Jayde...