Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 123

He cried for longer than I had ever seen a boy cry in my life (including infants). He cursed at me over and over and bathed in his own sea of self-pity.

"Ace- common, get up."

"No."

"Common. You can't sit there and cry all night. You know it was for your own good."

"What have I done? I've screwed up again. I've let you down for sure..."

"Yea, and now it's over- so get over it. Get up, settle down & pledge that you're going to eat."

"Fuck."

"Ace! Get up," I said, tugging on his arm.

"I'd appologize, but it just makes methat much more pathetic. That's all I ever do is appologize. It's just a habit... I- I don't even knowwhat to say."

"I know," I stated. "But we've got to straighten you up- before you leave."

He looked up at me, his eyes swelling with lakes of salty water as his icy eyes stared up in a pleading motion.

"You've got to get out of here. Now gt up from you're little pity party, clean yourself up and get some rest because we're going out tomorrow. We're going to get Angel, and we're going to the mall."

He didn't smile like he usually did. Instead, he got up, wipped his eyes and walked over to the bed- sitting on it and sniffling before he sighed and looked at me again. "How so perfect?"

"Excuse me," I asked.

He repeated his statement, adding, "You're so graceful and beautiful, and you always know what's right and what to say. You'll never end up like me, you're too smart."

"Thanks, but you're not all as bad as you think you are. You're clever, and that gives you a lot of credit. You have a whole lot of potential, you just need to use it in healthier ways."

"I can't believe you actually still talk to me. I put you through way too much shit."

"WHatever- we've been through this before." I turned out the light. "Now get some rest. Tomorrow, we've got a long day ahead of us."