Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 133 [Jayde's POV]

We were awaken in the morning by Jeff. I remembered him from before: the last time I was to visit Ace in the hospital. It was early, because the sun was shining bisarely bright through the open window.

I felt gross and sticky, but it didn't matter. A dread filled through my veins as we were all forced to 'move our lazy carcusses from the sheets' and gather Ace's things, which of course, were already neatly tucked away in his 2 suitcases. The room was patrolled for any forgotten belongings before we were met outside the room by two men extremely large in size while we signed out.

Then, we all squished into Jeff's car, followed by the other two men in a van behind us all the way to the airport, where a parkingspot was found, and rushing to check in was a must, since we were running late. Luckily for Ace ( I suppose), there was still room on the flight. I sighed in disapointment knowing he would be leaving soon.

Letters and emails and phonecalls were promised, but I would miss the odd knock at my window, and useless afternoon in the cemetery. I would hold such memories so close, they would be bound to me with chain-like protection.

I watched from a distance as Ace & Angel got lost in conversation. I stood against the wall, knowing my invitation would come along, or perhaps my own conversation.

The airport was already buzzing with passengers and luggage. People were getting highly irritated with eachother as they rushed around, cursing as people entered their path in just as much of a rush.

10 minutes until departure to Ohio...
Still talking.

5 minutes until departure to Ohio...
A loud sigh escaped my mouth as I looked around the airport anxiously. A hand lightly touched my shoulder, making me turn back to my approacher. Ace's ice eyes greeted mine with sencerity as his pale lips formed a smile. "I'm going to miss you," he stated shyly.

I hugged him tightly and sighed, "I'm going to miss you too! I don't know what I'm going to do all on my own..."

"You'll have Angel," he stated.

"He's not you," I whispered, taking in every sense I could. Every physical feature. Every twinkle of the eye, or twitch of the smile.

A small box was placed in my hand and Ace's lips to my ear. "Don't open it until I'm gone," he whispered, pulling my in closer for a final hug.

I nodded. "Okay."

"Pormise?"

"Yes- I promise."

He smiled the same charming smile he always had.

"Promise to write?"

"Of course," he stated, half-heartedly with a grin.

As I though he was turning to leave, he made a motion to quick, and so bold, I had hardly had the time to react. He pushed me against the wall and kissed me straight on the lips in a way which showed it meant something.

Final call for departure to Ohio...

"I gotta go," he stated, puuling away and grabbing his bags, leaving me to stand with my dumb-struck grin plastered on my face.

It was a minute or two before Angel called me over to the window. I watched, almost heartbroken, as I watched the plane take off before it turned into a tiny pin point, and finally, disapear. He was gone, and so was my smile.

I looked down at my hand at the small package Ace had given me.