Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 15

"Do you have any aspirin," a quiet, groggy voice asked from beside me.

"Yea, one second, I'll be right back," I said, swinging my legs over the side of the bed and walking into the bathroom, trying to feel my way across the bottles in the bathroom cabinet, finding the aspirin around the same time my eyes became adjusted to the dark. I looked around trying to find a glass for water. All I could see was the glass that I used.

I walked back in the room, "The only glass I have is the one I use, I rinsed it out. I hope you don't mind."

He held out his hand, still lying across the bed, burying his head in the blankets, "With this headache, nah."

I placed the glass of water in his hand carefully, then fiddled around with the aspirin bottle, popping the lid off and flipping it sideways, as 3 tablets fell out. I plopped two back in and handed him one.

"I need more," he stated.

"We still don't know what you took earlier, so I really don't even want to give you one. But, I'm guessing you probably have a really big headache."

"How can you tell- do I look that bad," he asked, throwing his head back and threw the small pill in his mouth.

"You're going to have a big bruise, but I think you're going to be okay. Do you feel dizzy or nauseous?"

"Not at the moment. Why?"

I smiled, "I took a first aid course a few years ago. Those are signs of a concussion."

"Oh," he stated, and looked up at me in the dark. "Are you going to come sit down, or are you going to stand all night?"

I turned red, and awkwardly sat next to him. Incase you haven’t figured it out, I wasn't exactly used to having some guy I barely knew in my room.

"Thanks... for everything."

"Well, I couldn't leave you out there, like that. You would have got arrested."

He smirked, "Seriously. You could have left me, I would have gotten over it. That wouldn't have been the first time I wandered around all night, unstable," he stated, taking another drink of water.