Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 28

It was an hour since I first sat down on my bed. And now I was starting to get bored... and worried. Was were they doing in there? I sent random glances at the door, thinking that eventually, Ace was going to walk through it.

I pulled out a book from under my pillow and started reading it; it had to be read for school anyways. I started huming and eventually got lost in my own little world. The door clicked open and a familiar scraggly body sprawled out across the bed ontop of me.

"What are you doing," I asked with a smile.

"Laying on you."

"I got that part. Why?"

"Because you're comfy." He smiled and rested his chin on his hands.

"Well? What happened?"

"Ergh," he groaned and collapsed across the bed. "Stupid, stupid. I... have to leave in the morning."

"To go where?"

"Well- a bunch of places. But I'm pretty sure the trip is ending at a home."

"What kind of home?"

"I dunno- some thing. I wasn't paying attention. I don't care. Not like I'm staying there."

"You are evil," I stated and tackled him.

"You're gonna break me," he screamed as he fell to the floor laughing.

My parents were standing in the doorway with the arms crossed. "Tomorrow's a big day. You kids should get some sleep. Come along Ace, we'll show you to the guest room."

It was like they just didn't want us to have fun. Almost like they didn't want us near eachother. But that wouldn't be the case- they should be happy. We've both become better people... my parent's would have noticed that, wouldn't they have?

Ace got up without arguement and left the room with nothing but a wave. My dad nodded and said, "Goodnight," before closing the door and leaving me in the dark.

I sighed and got into bed, hugging a stuffed animal. Tomorrow was going to suck...