Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 30

I don't know how he knew there was a party at this house. I don't know how he knew what kid was having the party. We walked in, and the loudest, randomest, craziest music I had ever heard was playing. In the livingroom, there were kids jumping around and pushing eachother.

"Ace, what are they doing?"

He looked at me and smirked. "Moshing."

"What's that," I asked.

"What's that? Have you ever been to a concert?"

"No."

"Well- that explains it. It's just jumping around, pushing people, being random... having fun. Go try it out if you want," he yelled over the craziness.

I pulled down on my sleeves, "Uh. No... it's alright."

"Okay- you're missing out. Do you want something to drink?"

"No- it's alright."

"Oh- common. You were skipping five minutes ago. Jump around; have fun! I'll go with you."

"I don't know, Ace."

"Common," he whined and grabbed my hands; pulling me up. My eyes got bigger as he dragged me closer to the crazy kids, jumping around.

Ace let go of my hand and pushed a kid, then ended up getting pushed by another; who ran into me, making my fly off in one direction; only to bounce off someone else. Soon, I bounced off Ace and laughed.

"I told you it'd fun," he screamed before flying off somewhere where I couldn't see him.

I was starting to get dizzy from being thrown around- I needed to sit down or I would throw up. After the period of time it took to actually get out, I sat down on the nearest couch and looked around for my friend. But I couldn't find him anywhere. Ace had a funny way of disapearing...

Where did he go? He wasn't in the mosh pit- I would have seen him by now... He'd run off somewhere without telling me. Maybe he just went to the bathroom or something- he'd come back for me.