Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 4

Ten minutes later, we were standing in front of my eerily dark house. My parents would be sleeping, even if they did know that I had snuck out the night before. They never waited up for me anymore- they had gotten sick of worrying and they usually assumed where I had buggered off to.

I sighed and turned back to my new aquaintence. "Well- it was nice meeting you, Ace.Thank you for dealing with me- You don't seem all that bad," I looked down, slightly turning red.

He smiled. "You don't seem that bad either, after getting to know you either. I guess I'll see you around... Jayde," he stated with a wave before turning around and starting back out across the lawn.

I turned back towards my bedroom window at the side of the house and pushed in the screen. As I began to crawl through, a pressure caught my right leg and I looked down to see Ace smiling from underneath me as he helped me pull myself through the window as I tumbled to the floor.

I popped up back in the window and smirked, "Thanks for the boost."

"No problem. Sorry for asking, I don't mean to be rude- But, what's wrong with the front door?"

I smirked, "What do you think?"

He raised his eyebrows and stated in the most humorous mad-scientist impression, "Being rebellious, are we," as he twiddled his fingers like an evil master-mind. I nodded then watched him pull his hood back up and say, "Okay, well, I guess I'll see ya around."

I nodded before I closed my window firmly and stumbled through my messy, dark room before purposely falling as I got near the bed, so that I landed on top of it. I exhaled heavily and thought of the night's events and I twisted myself up in the blankets. It had been quite the odd and unusual night- More then I was used to...