Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 49

I fell asleep during class and last period, I was getting anxious for after school.

My mom picked my up, lifted a bouquet from the seat, avoiding me sitting on them as I plopped in the passenger seat.

"What are those for," I asked strangely.

She looked down at them and sighed. "I got them for your friend. Do you think it's too much?"

"No," I smiled. "He'll like them."

She smiled and nooded before she pulled out of the school parking lot and drove down the street.

When we arrived at 'McKellar Home for Troubled Teens', I signed us both in at the front desk. Usually, the secretary signed me in; but today she wasn't there. So I signed us in, showing my mom how it had to be filled in before we walked down the hallway and openned the door to reveal an empty room.

"Ace," I called, as a familiar memory filled my head- drawing me towards the bathroom. Oh my God; please no.

I twisted the handle; it was locked. He couldn't do anything in there- the room didn't have a mirror. "Ace, God dammit; answer the door," I yelled and hit it.

There was a small noise from the other side of the door before the doorknob shook a bit and slowly openned. Unexpectadly, Ace collapsed onto my shoulder and my mom reached out to help, thinking we would both fall. He was shaking with silent sobs, grabbing onto my shirt. I was guessing today was a bad day.

"It's alright," I comforted. "I'm here."

My other just watched; not knowing what to do. I smiled a fake smile and waved her towards the door, a jesture meaning 'maybe today isn't such a good day'.