Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 60

The sky was dark now. There were no peaceful cricket sounds though; only a distant owl. And... the sound of ruffling in nearby bushes.

"Ace; is that you," I asked, cautiously approaching the bush. There was someone there, cruched down in the shadows. I could see the hooded figure clearly- it had to be him...

But it wasn't: I had misjudged. I was startled when the tall, stalky man got up and approached me with an odd, unstable strut.

I turned to run, but I was grabbed and dragged to the ground; pinned under the man's heavy body.

"Let go," I orderred, tightly shutting my eyes as I continues to struggle and scream. His hands were all over me; just like the guy at the party- making me feel exposed and dirty.

"Shut up," he spat, "Or I'll make this hurt more that it's supposed to," and slapped me hard across the face, and began tugging on my clothes.

I started screaming; crying for help. Pleading that Ace would come and save me like last time. But I wouldn't know, for the man got tired of my screaming and reached for a nearby branch, bringing the thick, broken end down on my head.

I felt dizzy; couldn't think straight. And the last thing I remember was him shouting, "I told you to shut up!"