Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 61 (Ace's P.O.V.)

I had heard her scream; I swear it was her. But I couldn't tell where it had come from. Why had she come after me? Why hadn't she just gone home? I would have gone back... eventually.

I was running up the path, trying to find where she was. But the screaming had stopped a few minutes ago, it would be almost impossible to find her in this place if she didn't make noise.

"Jayde! Where are you," I called.\

I looked around, then continued on my way until I ran into a man, who violently pushed past me, letting me fall to the ground as he continued on his way, rushing through the gate and down the street, Where had he come from? And why was he in such a hurry? He looked to old to have a curfew...

Oh God; please no...

I imediately got up and continued more quickly on my way, but it was difficult to remember which way I was going; I had hit my head on the way down.

"Jayde! Answer me! Can you hear me?"

I looked around frantically; my heart was beating faster than it ever had before; almost as if it wasn't even in my chest anymore. But then I saw it. The clue. I ran over to an area where all the bushes had been brutally trampled, looking around.

But then, parcially hidden behind a tree, I saw it. A dirty pale object sprawled across the dirt...