Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 62

My heart sank as I rushed over. No...please let in be something else.

I imediately looked away, bringing my shaking hand to my mouth. I could look at her. Not like this. Parcially because it was disresectful.

I quickly pulled off my sweater, puuling it over her head. At least she was breathing; that was important right. I tried waking her up, but she wouldn't; there was blood dripping drown her forehead.

I painfully lifted her up; I couldn't just leave her there. She wasn't very heavy... but heavy enough for a person of my size. I had to get her help. I just hoped I got some before I got to her house...

I hurried down the hill, running almost as if I were in a race. Choking; trying to catch my breath. I would have to hold in my tears; now was not the time- I had to try to be strong. I quickly stumbled down the street- tripping; falling, but never letting her fragile frame hit the ground. Screaming for someone to help. No one came.

I came to the end of her street and I could see the lights on her house on and the cars in the driveway. I continued yelling; hoping someone's attention would be caught as the adrenaline slowly started running out; I was going to drop her...