Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 7

After class, I met him again in the hallway, where he showed me a drawing of a rose. "Here ya go, you can have it." He handed it out to me. I took it and observed it carefully. It was beautiful, there were no flaws, that I could see of.

"Wow... you're really good. Are you an artist?" I smirked, he seemed overly friendly for someone like me.

"Not yet, maybe one day," he said, taking off down the hallway to his next class. I looked down at the picture kindly before I started walking to my geography class.

In geography, the teacher only started lecturing us about the war or something. I could only tell that the entire class was sick of it. Preppies were whispering useless gossip, which would probably come back to haunt them some day... the jocks all laughed hysterically at a stupid joke one of their friends were making, the nerds in the class were silently doing math questions behind their textbooks, and everyone else was throwing around paper airplanes.

I looked down at the picture again, and flipped it over. On the back, there was a small message.

Love Always,
Ace Rivers.
xo

She smiled. A total stranger saying they loved her did kind of freak her out. But the only other people she ever heard say that were her parents... and since they said it so often, that sometimes it seemed fake.