Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 73

"Hey Ace, what do you want to do with your life," I asked curiously.

"I don't know. Whatever. Not sure yet."

"Well, you've got to have an idea."

"Nah," he looked off in the distance before turning back to me in a swift, angelic motion. "I'm more of a 'living on the moment' type of guy. It'll come to me yet." He smiled.

I giggled.

I really hadn't noticed just how handsome Ace really was. He was tall and slender; not muscular, but skinny. He had soft facial features, but a statue-type bone structure: kind of high cheekbones. He had beautiful, almost frightening eyes... almost as if he were blind, but more crystal clear and pale, full lips, set almost in a purse as he smirked mischeiviously. He spend more time and effort on his hair than any girl I had ever known. It was shiny and dark, softly flowing along the sides of his face, almost down to his chin.

"What about you," he asked.

I shook my head. "What?"

"What do you want to do with your life?"

"I just... want to do something origional. Something unique and creative. I want to rasie a nice family. I want to be like my parents. They really are good parents."

He looked down as his eyes clouded over and the mischeivious smirk changed to a scowl.

"What's wrong?"

He was quiet. It was about family. I already knew that. "I... don't know," he paused. "Do you... do you think I'll be a good parent?"

"Ace- of course you will. You're not like your dad. You'll be a good parent- or course you will. You're caring and kind, and generous. Your kids will love you. You'll be the favourite parent."

He smiled a bit. "You sure know a lot about me, don't you?"

"I guess so. I've never thought of it..." I blushed and looked at my shoes, lightly blowing back and forth as I started pumping my legs to go higher towards the sky.