Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 69

I looked at him discustingly. He was muscular and tall, with a strong build and a small mind. He walked over to be and leaned over the back of the couch, leaning close to my ear as he hissed, "Don't worry, I'm sure your mommy's looking up at you, thinking about what a good, whiny boy you are. Almost a girl, aren't you? But you're not very good, are you? You're sick."

All though I was annoyed, I listened to him slyly slither a few more words before anger overtook me. I didn't want to fight him- I knew the routine; if I got in a right, I'd be on lockdown for a week, ya know, lose priveledges. And I wouldn't have gone at him either- if he didn't charge at me and push me to the floor by the back of my neck.

I forgot who had done it. I looked up and, instead of seeing Alex, say my father standing there. "You sick bastard," I yelled. "You ruin everyone's lives- you [i[killed people and you don't even know it! I hate you! You ruined my life! It's your fault I'm here! I HATE YOU!"

And then I did it. I launched my body forwards and struggled to tackle him to the ground, sending fists flying in every direction, screaming stupid, not to mention embarrasing and personal things at the top of my lungs.

I brainlessly wrapped my hands around his neck and started squeezing- ignoring the punches in the head and screaming from the group of kids now grouped around us, cheering like wild dogs. I wasn't satisfied when I heard gagging, chocking sounds escape from Alex's mouth and his eyes grew wide as his face began to turn blue. I only squeezed harder.

Until two people broke through the crowd; one screaming my name- it was Angel. He, and a large, muscular, dark skinned care worker, dragged me off Alex as Alice helped him up, brushing dirt off of him.

"You crazr son of a bitch," he screamed across the room. "You tried to kill me! Someone lock him up- he's insane! You're sick, Rivers.... you hear me- sick."

I stood there limply after that comment and thought about my actions... my conciquences. That was a lie, wasn't it? I hadn't tried to kill him- had I? I was no better than Alex after pulling that stunt. I'm not insane- am I? I.... I...