Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 73

"Tell me you're joking," I said quietly, stepping back and dropping the paper to the floor as I began to choke up.

"No. Please," he began, getting up from his bed as he started to walk towards me. "Listen... just let me explain. Please"

"How exactly do you explain that you never told me that your father killed people," I screamed.

"After he started drinking, he started to do really stupid things. Like he'd disapear in his car, and not come home until the middle of the night or something- right wasted. The right time I saw the blood- I thought it was from a deer or something. I swear... I din't know until after the news started getting out about all these hit and runs."

"I don't want to hear anymore," I said quietly and turned towards the door.

"No- Jayde... wait," he screamed as I swung open the door and started down the hall.

They ran up behind me anf grabbed my arm, pulling me back. I pushed him and tried to turn and run, but he tackled me to the ground and sat on top of me.

"Get off of me," I screamed at the top of my lungs and slapped him in the face before he grabbed onto my arms.

"No! I just need to tell you! Please- listen! I need to explain," he sobbed heavily.

"I don't want to hear about how your father killed my best friend, now LEAVE ME ALONE," I harshly yelled, kicking and screaming before a group of careworkers came running and a group of kids got around in a circle and started cheering.

"What the hell," Angel screamed, breaking through the crowd and pulling Ace off of me and pushing him against the wall and lefting me up, standing in front of me. "Ace- I don't know what the hell is going on with you!"

Ace was tackled by a group of care workers and lifted up to be dragged to his room. I was horrified to see him push them all off and collapse on the floor in a pit of self-hate and desperation as he put his face in his hands and curled up in his knees.