Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 74

Alex walkeddown the hall and laughed as he was filled in on the situation. Ace turned around and glared at him before jumping up, ready to attack.

"Ha- now you're a sick baby. Momma's boy, aren't you? All screwed up becasue your daddy gave you a few smacks to the head," he taunted.

My mouth dropped and I wasn't surprised to hear a scream and see Ace jump at him and start going crazy. I wasn't surprised when I heard sirens outside either and a group of paramedics and police entered the building and breaking through the crowd.

A dark-skinned, muscular care worker peeled Ace off of Alex and Ace was grabbed by the wrists by a police officer and secured by a paramedic.

I watched in horror and despair as Ace was dragged out the door as he struggled to free himself.

"What the hell happened," Angel asked, turning towards me.

"Where are they taking him," I asked worringly- not caring about what I had said earlier.

"I'm guessing the god damn mental health unit. That kid needs to get something checked out- he's got some problems."

"Yea... he does. Oh God- what did I do?"

"Nothing," he stated. "That kid's got a few gears loose..."