Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 75

After a few minutes of standing in shock as Ace was torn through the crowd towards the door, everyone had cleared out; gone back to their regular routines. The drama was over, there was nothing to see. I was shaking as Angel stood beside me, trying to calm me down.

A police officer approached me and pulled out a notepad. "Excuse me miss, do you mind if I ask you a few questions regarding this mornings previous incident?"

"Uh... alright," I said uneasily and moved aside.

He cleared his throat and asked, "You are aquainted with Ace Rivers?"

I nodded, "Yea... we've been friends for a few months now."

"Has he ever attacked you before?"

"No- never," I stated, shaking my head before adding on, "But I don't know if I would call it an attack... I wouldn't listen to what he had to say. He did it out of desperation because I wouldn't listen to him."

"What is it exactly that you wouldn't listen to?"

I debated whether or not to tell him. "Uh... it was about the accident last night- his father was killed."

"You know you can charge him for harassement."

"Uh... I think not. He didn't mean it."

"Has he ever pulled a stunt like this previously?"

I shook my head.

"Alright- thank you miss," He nodded and turned to walk down the hall.

"Excuse me," I called. "Do you know where they took him?"

"The hospital, mame," he called without looking back.

"Thank you."