Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 76

I signed Angel out and walked towards my house. As I walked in my door and scrapped my shoes against the carpet, my parents looked up from their activities.

"Where's Ace," my mother asked curiously.

"At the hospital," I said, trying to be casual about it. "I need a ride."

"For what now," my dad asked with a sigh.

"Let's just say... emotional stress?"

"Ooooh no," Angel argued. "Emotional stress? That's an understatement! He tried to kill someone! He attacked you! What if he hurt you!"

"What," my mother asked in surprise.

"Yea," Angel started. "He's going around punching everyone's faces in and choking people and harassing girls!"

"Angel- shut up! You don't know anything! His father was killed last night! He never attacked me! And he had a reason for getting in that fight with Alex!"

"I don't know," my mom said unneasily.

"Please? I just want to make sure he's alright," I said.

My parents looked at eachother uneasily and my dad gave my mom a look before he turned back to me and sighed, "I guess so."

"I'm not coming," Angel stated. "I don't want to get killed."

"Fine then- go back to the Care Center then!"

"I will," he stated with a smirk and a wave before he walked out the door.

My father got up and pulled on his jacket and shoes.