Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 88 [yes- I am aware of my mistake- I screwed

As I went to speak, there was a click of the doornob, and a chubby man with a gray beard and a comb-over appeared in the room with a clipboard, but no uniform.

"I'm sorry Ace," he said in a light tone. "I came as soon as I found out."

It was Ace's psycologist.

As he approached the bedside, I stuck out my hand to greet his, "Hi, I'm Jayde; Ace's friend."

"Oh yes," he said with a jolly smirk and a wink. "I know all about you. I'm Dr. Green; Ace's psycologist."

"Nice to meet you."

"Now Ace, tell me what happened," Dr. Green started, seemign to ignore the fact I was there.

Interruptingly, I asked, "Do I need to leave?"

Dr. Green turned to Ace, who shook his head.

"Whatever is said, you already, or should know about," Ace stated tiredly.

He looked as if he were dying- useless under the blankets and half asleep.

The door clicked open again and my father appeared in the doorway. "Jayden- it's time to go," he said, waving me towards the door.

"She can stay," Dr. Green said kindly.

"It's alright," I said. "I'll go with my dad. Ace, I'll talk to you later- take care of yourself."

He nodded from under the covers before I left and followed my father out of the hospital and out to his car.