Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 90

I was shaking uncontrollably. "That boy... I later on found out, was Jayde's best friend."

"Well... that is a coincidence," Jeff remarked with shock.

I sighed before conitnuing. "There were a few more accidents after that. People weren't necessarily getting killed. But they were getting hurt. I cleaned up the mess like a slave and went along my life as if nothing had ever happened. I never said, or told anyone anything. I was too afraid to."

"Becasue of your father?"

"I guess so, yea."

"Alright, conitnue."

"Well- last night I was at Jayde's house for dinner. The boys parents were there. I felt awkward being there- seeing them... knowing what had happened. I couldn't help but feel guilty. They had tried to start conversation with me.

Jayde was right upset about them being there. After they left, she got in a fight with her mom about it and her dad wanted to drive me back to the Care Center. We passed the accident on the way- I knew right away it was him. I knew the car... I recognized it.

When I got back, I sat in the lounge and watched the news- waiting to see if there was any information about the accident. I was already a nervous wreck- all the news said was that someone had been killed. I thought he had killed someone else.

That was when Alex showed up. He started calling me a fag, and insulting my mother. He's done it a million times before, but I was just too wound up; I hated him so much.

He pushed me, and I jumped at him. At first it was just your regular fist fight. None of the careworker's really do anythign about those- figure it's just two teenage boy who get in eachother's faces and need to blow off steam.

But then I did something I had never done before... I wrapped my hands around his neck and started squeezing; suffocating him until Angel pulled me off of him with the help of a careworker. Alex started screaming all these things; I'm sick- crazy... I tried to kill him."

"And I'm guessing that bothered you," he interrupted.

I nodded. "It was an indescribable feeling. It was all I could think about. I couldn't believe I had done it. I was no better than my father by doing that."