Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 91

"What about this morning," Jeff asked.

"Jayde showed up with the paper, and the article announcing my father's death. She noticed how the article said he was responsible for up to five accidents- she suspected that he was involved with her friend. I justtried to explain...she didn't want to listen; she was leaving

It was like an alarm went off in my brain, which really wasn't working- I just didn't want to lose a friend; I had to get her to listen. So I chased her down the hall and tackled her to the ground, pinning her under me. I thought maybe she'd settle down and listen to me- but she was too frantic. She was screaming and kicking and slapping; she had gained a lot of people's attention. I can't even think about what they thought I was doing...

And of course, everyone already thought I was crazy from the night before. And it really did look worse than it was. Angel freaked out... and he pushed me across the room to protect Jayde. Ans then Alex showed up and turned me into a laughing stock, and I lost it. It just got ten times worse. I was out of my mind and he was insulting me- things just got out of hand. I was like a madman. It was like there was no one there but him- and we weren't getting out until one of us was dead. I just started attacking him. I wasn't even thinking... I was just filled with so much anger and hate, and frustration; all this emotional baggage that had built up... and it exploded like a nuclear bomb- all at once. It was over-controlling. I wasn't even aware of my surroundings until they shoved a needle in my arm to calm me down."

"Yea," Jeff started. "I'm going to have to talk to your doctor about that. I don't want you on these drugs. You've got other medications you need to take that are more important that that."

"The anti-depressants," I asked confused.

"It's important to take them daily. You need to stay on a schedule. It can be dangerous to take them with too many other drugs- they can mix up the effects."

"Oh."

"How are you feeling right now?"

"Like shit. Tired. Worn down. The opposite of someone on anti-depressants."

"Did you take them today?"

"No- I didn't get the chance to. Jayde woke me up."

My muscles felt almost numb. And my eyelids were heavy, getting heavier with every blink of the eye, which was why I tried to keep them open, staring at the plain white ceiling. My head hurt- as if it were swelling near the top of my skull. I felt disabled- as if my brain wold never work properly, no matter how I tried. I felt almost as if I were invinsible; like I was on cocaine- except not as bad.