Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 93 [Jayde's POV]

I sat in the passenger seat as my dad drove me through the quiet streets back home. I looked out the window at the houses passing by when I saw Angel's tall, scrawny figure sitting on the curb.

I found it hard to believe that this scrawny boy was able to pull Ace off of me only a few hours ago. Ace most definately wasn't a large kid. Angel was just... well- scrawny.

"Hey dad, stop the car," I said, rolling down the window as we approached him.

"Hey- you want a ride? Did you get lost on your way home," I said in a mocking tone, sheilding my eyes from the sun with my hand.

Angel looked up and smirked, "Nah. What happened; did the maniac attack you again?"

"No," I frowned. "He was really quite calm- we wouldn't have hurt a fly."

"Then why aren't you there?"

"His psycologist came, so I decided it was time to leave."

"Oh."

"You aren't as smart as you think you are, are you?"

"Nah," he approached the car. "I'm smart. I just don't use my intellegence. I'm mighty clever."

"Of course you are," I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, I'd love to stay and chat, but I guess I'd better get going."

"Okay."

"I'll talk to you around," he stated, almost in a question form.

"Yea," I called as I began to roll up the window as my father continued on his way home.