Sequel: Running With Scissors

Those Worse Off Than You

Part 94

When I got home, my mom smiled and approached us in the doorway.

"So how did things go," she asked curiously.

"Fine," my father and I both stated in unicen.

"Well that's good. Jayden, I made some soup. It's on the counter."

"Okay, I said and kicked off my shoes as I walked into the kitchen to the aroma of chicken noodle soup.

There, laid neatly on the table, just for me, sat a bowl, crackers, and a sandwich. I sat down and cautiously began to slurp at the broth.

I could hear the hushed tones of my parents talking quietly in the livingroom among themselves- like they didn't want me to hear. They must have been talking about Ace.

Did they think he was really crazy? Did they think he deliberately tried to hurt me? Did they think he was a screw up? Did they regret accepting him and believing that he could help himself? Did they think he just screwed himself over again?

I really think that Ace is just the guy that can't get a brake. The guy that just happens to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. The boy who just can't help some things...

I hadn't given up on him yet.

So many questions....

I quickly finished my lunch and walked down the hall to my room where I closed the door and sat in solitude as I began to think. About nothing but myself. Something I hadn't dome for a while.

I just thought about all the things that had happened to me in the last little while. All the trouble. All the fun times. How odd it's been. How Ace even came into the picture. How I felt during points in time. How I reacted to different points in time....

Nothing but myself.