To Kill a Spirit

Saved

My eyes popped open. Good thing that was only a nightmare, if it wasn't, my mom would be probably right about me consulting a therapist. I jumped out of my bed and started cleaning myself up.

My brain worked oddly--I didn't know what today was, 'cause I'm very sure that there was some occasion today. Ugh. Must be because of the dream. I let myself wonder and let it work properly.

As I started pacing down the stairs, the sweet fragrance of lilac passed through my nose.

"Mom, what's that smell?", I asked curiously.
"Honey, can you please help me choose what would be the perfect smell? I want it to go well with my dress..."

I didn't mind what she was saying now. A thought just came passing by.

Oh. Oh. Today was the last day of me being a senior in high school.

Today was my graduation day. Well that made sense for all of the weird things today.

"Amy, dear?"
"Oh, um, sorry, Mom. I kinda forgot that today was my graduation day. Sorry."
"Wha-? Just help me pick one out."

These situations with my mom really bugged me. I'm very excited about my graduation day (mostly because I'm finally going to breakout from my embarassing high school days.), but I hate it when it come down to this. Dresses. Make-up kits. I shuddered.

I know absolutely nothing about these kind of stuff, so I just picked one randomly in order to finish this conversation.

"The one with the red bottle.", I said.

I started running upstairs.

"Wait, honey! I have a surprise for you upstairs. It's in your room, dear. Go ahead and prepare yourself for today."
"'Kay mom", I said, rolling my eyes.

I found the large, white box immediately on the floor. I wondered why I hadn't notice the box moments ago when I woke up. I must be crazy.

Inside it was a--I'll admit it--pretty, blue, floor-length, dress. Wow. I know I'll look beautiful in this dress. Thanks to mom, I'm not going to have that pre-graduation dillemma again in my room.
♠ ♠ ♠
i edited this chapter because i'm not really happy with what I made weeks ago. so, um, yeah hope u guys like it. :)

pEace out.
`daVidzacH07