To Kill a Spirit

Accident

My stomach suddenly growled. I remembered that it was this morning since I last ate. I was pretty tired anyway, so I proceeded to the food table and try to have a chat with my friends.

"Hey, Stanley." I said cheerfully.
"Oh, hey...haven't talked to you for a while, eh?", he replied.
"Yeah, pretty much." It was so much easier to talk to Stanley than anyone else. He seems so light and...breezy. "Oh, and by the way, congratulations."
"Thanks. I really worked hard for that valedictorian thingy.", he said, with a little laugh.
"I was talking about the great party you've thrown.", I joked.
"Oh!"

We both laughed. Suddenly, people from afarshouted his name. His high school buddies from the soccer team.

"I have to go. See you around!", he said.
"'Kay. Have fun."

Jessica suddenly sat at my table. She looked...weird. Tired.

"H-Hey Jessica. What's up with you? You look so..." I can't even find the right word.
"Yeah, yeah I know." She sounded like a drunk old man.

She suddenly sobbed into my shoulders.

"Oh! Jess, you all right?"
"I-I just can't take it anymore! I feel like my life's falling apart." She sobbed more than ever.
"Can you tell me what's bugging you?" I sounded so alarmed. I've never seen Jess like this before. She's the kind of girl that you see in cheerleading squads, who wears fabulous clothes you don't even know existed. The type of girl who catches every boy's attention in school.
"Can we just go home? Please, Amy?", she pleaded

I didn't really wanna go home. Yet. This is the biggest party of the year.

"Of course, of course.", I said.

She led me to the parking lot. This house was so big than I thought it was.

"Thanks, Amy. You're a good friend.",she complimented.

I just smiled. I didn't know what else to say. She led me at the far left of the parking lot where her red Audi was parked.

"Are you sure you could drive at your...c-condition?"
"Don't worry Amy.", she said with a little smile.

We took off without saying goodbye to anyone.

"So, Jess, can you tell me what's happening to you?", I asked, my voice full of curiousity.

She didn't answer. It felt so awkward, especially in my part.

Ten minutes later, we drove in silence. I felt so sleepy. Tired. I considered sleeping, but I was so upset, mostly because of Jessica. But my eyelids just can't take it anymore. I got deeper into unconciousness...

I suddenly felt the car crash.
♠ ♠ ♠
thanks to all of my readers! thanks a million times!!!