She's Like a Shot, Good 'Till Morning

Night of the Living Dead

I walk in through the door behind Matt and Celia, going straight for the couch. My skin has that fresh burning feel from that scorch of the sun’s rays and the leather of the couch makes it tingle. During the drive back Celia made the plans of staying in tonight for a movie night, I can hear her in the kitchen now rummaging for a menu from a delivery place.

“Thatttt was a blast!” She exclaims as she plops herself in the recliner that’s to the right of the couch, a sleepily sort of sigh rushing out as she flips the menu open. “Whatcha want?”

“Uh…probably the same as usual,”

“Hm…you know the apple nuggets sound good…”

“And what in the fuck is that?” I ask, making a puzzled and disgusted face.

“It’s a dessert! Little pastries filled with applely goodness!”

“I’m a chocolate chip guy,”

“Yeah and Matt’s a brownie boy,”

“I’m a what?” Matt asks her with sarcastic heat as he walks into the room, taking a seat in the other recliner.

“A nothing, do ya’ know what you want?”

“Yeah, the rib snack and a brownie,”

“What’d I tell you?” Celia whispers over in my direction, placing the menu over her mouth so Matt couldn’t see. I shake my head at her childishness, knowing Matt heard her. “I think I might want…a baby pizza, some cheese tatars and…Ooo those cheese fries sound really good too…”

“Baby, you always order too much and end up having food for days.”

“I know…but that’s what I’m use to…and I’ll try the apple nuggets, you guys have to try them too!” She ended her little run-on with a fake whimper. And to that whimper, Matt and I rolled our eyes, that girl…

“Just get me a pizza, bacon, pepperoni and extra cheese.”

“Alrighty, shh I’m gonna call now,” Celia pulls out her phone and dials the number speedily.

“So what movie are we in the mood for?” Matt asks as soon as Celia hangs up.

“Um…something bloody!”

“It’s always something bloody with you.” I joke, catching a pillow in the face afterwards. “Hey! What the hell was that for?”

“That was for being Johnny!” Celia sorta screams…before jumping up and rushing off up the stairs.

“And you love that?” I inquire sarcastically, loudly enough though so she can hear it. And sure enough she does and retorts back from their bedroom with a huff of some sort, Matt merely nods with an expansive grin.

“That all becomes invisible when she’s on top.” Oh I can’t help but laugh, Matt says that as Celia comes rushing back down the stairs and into the room.

“On top eh?-“

“So…what movie?” I interrupt, defiantly not wanting to hear the smut that comes out of that girl’s mouth. Tut, tut.

“Something old?”

Night of the Living Dead!

“That isn’t bloody.”

“Yeah but…it’s old! That can start off the night-“ Celia gasps over exaggeratedly, “…Zombie movie marathon!” And a satisfied, triumphant smile spreads like wild fire across her face.

“Sounds good,” Matt says pulling her into his lap and does this nuzzling thing to her neck, I advert my eyes to outside the window.

“Yeah, good…” I say after some minutes of smacking noises.

Twenty-five minutes later the delivery dude rings our bell and we get our food. Night of the Living Dead ready in the DVD player as Celia brings in plates, napkins and bottles of drinks. We sit in this semi-circle sort of way, Matt in a recliner, Celia in a recliner and I’m still planted at the couch. It’s like my domain…my leather, cool, slick domain. And plushy, it’s quite comfy too.

Half way through the movie and half way through my pizza my phone goes off from upstairs, and I bring along my slice and trot up them quickly, answering just in time. “Hello?”

“Hey, can you come out tonight?”

“Mercy? Hell yeah, what time and where?”

“I’ll come pick you up.” And the line went silent with a click before I could register it.

Hm…well that was…oh what the fuck, let’s go. After thinking to myself for a split second I spin on the spot and walk right back out of my door, with pizza in one hand and my phone in the palm of my other.

“…think anyone else wants to join us tonight? I mean I don’t Johnny feeling outta’ place or anything,” Matt was saying as I rear up to the top of the staircase. I pause for a moment to listen in…

“Well I know Brian went to an art gallery or something of the girl he met at the beach…Cayden! That was her name, and well I’m not sure what Zack and Sierra’s plans are but I can call them up.”

“She was hot,”

“Yeah, she was. I don’t want him feeling left out either so I can call them or Jimbo and Rhian,”

Unknowingly I grind my teeth, they’re hearts are in the right place and all but they seem to notice I’m a third wheel more then I do. So I walk back down the steps with a thud to every step, Matt and Celia glancing at me as soon as I hit the floor with both feet. “I’m going out tonight,” I say taking a large bite out of my pizza and walking back over to my seat, tossing the half eaten slice into the box and closing it.

“Going out? Oh…”

“Yeah, so I’ll catch you guy’s later,”

“With who?”

“A friend,” Once again, her heart is in the right place, she’s really protective, but it’s really fucking annoying. I grit my teeth and bare it though because I don’t want to hurt her, she’s my best friend and I’m glad she cares.

“Oh…okay, well we’ll see you later then,” Celia says from the living room as I’m sliding the pizza box into the fridge.

The bell rings through the house three short times and I turn back around and off towards the door, only to see Celia has beat me to the punch.

“Hi,” She says sweetly to Mercy; I walk over to her side to try and get out as fast as possible.

“We haven’t had a proper introduction, I’m Celia.”

“Mhm, I’m Mercy,” Mercy replies, extending her hand to mine, slightly pulling me forward on my toes. Her touch alone sends little shivers up through my toes and what she’s wearing sends shivers elsewhere. She’s wearing a jean skirt with torn fishnets, calf length black, buckled boots and a dark purple tank.

“Cya guys,” I say pushing myself past the threshold and out on to the porch.

“Bye,” I think I faintly hear Celia when I’m walking done the path, hand in hand with Mercy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hmm...I wonder...
Thank you for reading! =] I hoped you like this chapter and there is of course, more to come! ^_^ I love all of your comments too <3 They make me super-duper! happy =]
Have a great weekend too!