She's Like a Shot, Good 'Till Morning

Why are you leaving?

Celia stood frozen outside for about half an hour before she realized he wasn’t coming back. She dragged herself inside, carelessly not thinking of locking the door and plopped herself on the nearest chair. Her make up is smudged all down her face, right now her tears have been muted but they’ve come and gone within the last half hour.

After a good amount of time falling apart in the chair and trying to gain control to get upstairs, she finally does. It’s about three AM when she crawls into her bed, night clothes still on and makeup still smeared. His words pierced her deep and they keep ringing loudly in her head, repeating themselves.

Her red sore eyes fall shut within twenty minutes of her body hitting the mattress. Around five AM Matt stumbles in after being dropped off by Cayden, she was playing designated driver to Sierra and Zack. He sees his lovely girl curled up on her side of the bed and tries quietly as possible to get to the bathroom for a cold shower. About ten minutes later he climbs into bed in only his boxers and gets under the covers, wrapping an arm around Celia and instantly drifting off…

Morning hit Huntington hours ago but the gang slept through it, it’s a little after two and Johnny makes his way up through the house to his room, thankful his housemates are sleeping.

Johnny grabs almost all the clothing out of his dresser drawers and pushes them hurriedly into a bag, making several strides back and forth across the room to get everything. He remembers just about everything last night, most of the words he had with Celia and he just can’t feel right staying in the same house as her right now. As much as he loves her, he needs the space.

He zips up that bag and opens up a second, taking it to the bathroom and emptying out all the contents of the medicine cabinet. He grabs his bulk of eyeliner, his belts and even two other pairs of shoes.

“What the hell are you doing man?” He shrieks and drops the bag that he had in his grasp, Matt startles him with the question.

“I’m getting out of here.” He replies, rushing even more quickly. He makes sure to have his phone and charger and then zips up the second bag.

“Why?” Matt’s eyes are blurry with the sharp afternoon sun and by his friend scrambling all around his room.

“I just need to,” He replies, taking a bag in each hand and turning to head for his door.

“What the hell happened?” Matt asks, not stepping out of the way. Something Johnny dreaded the second he heard Matt’s voice.

“I just need to get the fuck out and clear my head, so dude, please move.” Johnny says, leaving out as much attitude as possible. He doesn’t want to be fighting with his friends but he can’t seem to help it these last few days.

Without a word Matt steps to the side, Johnny nods and walks past him hastily, rushing down the steps as soon as he comes to the corner.

“Where is he going?” Celia asks as she catches a glimpse of Johnny and his bags heading for downstairs.

“He says he has to get out for awhile,” Matt says but as he’s speaking Celia jets down the stairs to try and catch up with her friend.

“Johnny, why are you leaving?” She asks as she flies down the stairs, coming to a stop when she almost smacks into the recliner.

“I’ve gotta’ go,”

“This is ridiculous!?” She screams, throwing her hands up in the air. Without another word, without a goodbye even Johnny walks out of the front door leaving Celia to stare at his absence, just like last night.

Celia starts reluctantly silently sobbing, Matt walks down the stairs and instantly pulls her into a hug. “Hey, it’ll be okay. He’ll be back, just leave to stay in a hotel for a few days and he’ll be right back upstairs,” He coos in her ear, stroking her head with his hand in comfort.

“Or with that whore and if that’s the case he won’t be back till she’s done with him and by fucking then he could be dead first.” She rants and this takes Matt aback. He pulls Celia away and tilts her face upwards, so his eyes could search hers for some answer. He takes in the light traces of black smeared around her face, knowing instantly that she had to have been crying last night.

“Did something happen?”

“I came home last night to fucking find him passed out on the stairs and when he finally came too after I don’t know how long, he laughed it off as nothing. He was high on I don’t even know, and that scared the shit outta me and he laughs!” She goes off, tears breaking out through every some word, but her voice remains in a high octave as she continues. “So then I tell him that and we have words and then he tells me he fucking loves her? Like seriously? I told him he doesn’t know anything about that girl and that she was turning him into this destructive person and he told me that it was my fault to fucking stay out of it!” She breaks off finally, burying her face into his chest. His shirt absorbs her tears; Matt is shocked by what she just went off about.

“It’ll all be okay,” He whispers as he holds her tight, trying to calm her down. “Like I said, give him a few days and he’ll back and you two will be fine. Maybe it’s for the best, let him cool down, let you cool down and get off his back.”

“I’m worried about him.” She interjects, pulling away so quickly to look him in the eyes.

“I know you are,”

“But? But what? I can’t worry? I’m telling you this girl is bad, I’m telling everyone that and all anyone can say is ‘yeah we understand but you should leave him alone.’ Can’t you guys see that I can’t do that?!”

Matt decides whatever he says will be wrong, he can either disagree and they get into a fight or he can agree and end up lying. So Matt just pulls her back into him and lets her calm down.

“I love you,” He whispers as his hands stroke her back, she’s calm now after about ten minutes. “Do you know why I love you? Because you’re this caring and some might see it as a bad thing, that you don’t let up but some people need that. I know I do.” He places a kiss on her head lightly and can feel her smile against his chest. “I know how far you guys go back, other then me, he’s the world to you, and I know that. And it’s going to be okay, I think he’s just confused. Give it a few days and if he doesn’t show around, you best believe it me and the guys will go out hunting for him.”

“Are you worried?” She whispers, smiling at all the right things he’s saying, being reminded how she fell in love with Matt in the first place.

“Of course I’m worried and I miss him, he’s been missing out lately and there’s this void in our gang, it’s not the same.”

“I love you Matt, I’m in love with you Matt.” Celia whispers, looking up into his face and just taking in his beauty before kissing him in that loving way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for reading [: