Just Give Me One Shot.

Merry Christmas, Love Italy.

Image Image Image Image

Her: Holly Noel Winter
Him: Milo Ventimncelli

I hated Christmas. This was surprisingly odd for someone born with the name Holly Noel Winter. Yes that was my name and I hated Christmas. I was born the 24th of December, Christmas Eve to most.
It was my birthday, the evening of my birth, the tree lights were twinkling, there was a light snow falling in the darkness and my family was sitting around the televison with a fire burning and watching It’s a Wonderful Life.
“Holly, dear, are you going to join us?” I moaned from my room in displeasure. My family loved this holiday and everything about it. It was such a pain for me to deal with the whole month of December. “Holly, you can’t avoid us all month,” her perfect voice echoed in my head.
“Mom. No.” I stated turning my iPod up louder to drown them out.
My family? Oh well it was painfully typical. My mother was a real estate agent, with perfectly coifed hair no matter what time of the day. Her eyes were pale blue and her skin had no sign of wrinkles even WITHOUT Botox. Her hair was shoulder length and blond. Of course my mother, Francesca, was married to my father, Carlos. Carlos had deep dark hair that would never seem to loose its luster and it was full as could be. His eyes were darker than the night sky. My younger sister Josephine (Josie as we all refer to her as) was identical of me and my father, just shorter.
The Winter’s loved Christmas, it was a time that they could all bond while I was left in the dark because I refused to take part in such a trivial matter.
“Suit yourself sweetie,” my mother said her heels clicking down the hall.
Once she was out of ear shot I plugged my iPod into my Bose player and snatched my cell phone.
“Hey it’s Milo, I’m not here and if you don’t know what to do after the beep, I can’t help you,”
I closed the Envy2 quickly without bothering to leave a message. Now I’m sure your wondering who Milo is. Well he’s simply the guy I’ve been in love with for about forever. He was the cutest, sweetest, most talented boy I had ever met. He had dark wavy hair and blue eyes, he even wrote me a song on the piano and preformed it in front of the whole school. But he wasn’t here right now. I had no idea where he was. But I did know that I missed him terribly.

“Lights out Holly.” My dad called at quarter to twelve. “Santa won’t come if you’re still awake!” I rolled my eyes as I heard him chuckle at his own ‘clever’ joke.
I was of course still awake about an hour later after everyone had gone to bed. Slowly I tiptoed down stairs and slipped my boots on. The cool air blew on my face as I opened the door and looked out onto the winter wonderland. Silently I jumped off the stoop and closed the door behind me.
The snow was soft, not an ice patch in sight. I laid down on the cold snow and began moving my arms and legs to make a snow angel. My breath formed a halo in the air.
“You look gorgeous laying there, you know that right? It might be too much for me to handle.” I turned my head in surprise only to be even MORE surprised than before.
“Milo!” I squealed. “How...why? What?” I asked not being able to form a sentence.
“Did you think I would miss Christmas with my favorite girl?” He asked.
“Maybe.”
“You’re a silly, silly, insecure, beautiful girl, you know that?”
I blushed. And instead of saying something stupid, or Milo saying something that was going to make my heart explode I attacked his lips.
They were soft as always. He smelled like peppermint, perfect for the holidays.
Most of you are thinking, wow, I see my boyfriend all the time, what’s so special about seeing yours?
Mine lives in another country half the year. Milo’s parents are divorced. His mother stayed in our small little town of Dexter, Maine but his father moved back to his home town of Venice, Italy. The summer months he stayed up in Maine, but in the winter he was in Italy.
“How are you here?” I asked breathless.
“I took a plane. I couldn’t miss your sixteenth birthday, Holly. I missed you. I love you.” he was quiet for a second.
My insides were screaming. The words I thought of him over and over again actually passed his perfectly supple lips.
“I love you too, Milo,” I kissed his cold nose.
We lay there for what seemed like hours freezing in the snow, but warming each other with our hearts
♠ ♠ ♠
merry christmas, comment pleaseeee