Just Give Me One Shot.

My Beautiful Rescue

Image Image Image Image

Her: Francesca Arkingson
Him: Andy Carson

My house was nothing special. It was barely two floors. I didn’t need a big house to be happy. But lately the way my life was going, nothing was making me happy. My mom had died when I was two and my dad immediately jumped into the high profile dating scene. There was a gala of some sort every night of my life. His lifestyle was perfectly fine for me when I had a boyfriend that would visit every night after he left. But suddenly he left with no explanation.
Now I don’t want sympathy on any level. I was an independent person.
“Where are you going tonight?” I asked my dad without even glancing up from my People magazine. I flipped from page to page looking at the glossy celeberties. A life I never wanted. It wasn’t a typical night for most people.
At five or so they would all sit down with their families, a feast fit for a king spread out in front of them. The smell of baking pies and hot turkey could be smelt from every corner of the room. I on the other hand would warm up some Stouffers lasagna and call it a night.
“Carla is going to do the opening ceremony for Wolfgang’s new restaurant. Your welcome to come you know, Carla would love to have another girl along.”
I thought about Carla and her two twin brats. I decided that I would much rather gouge my eyes out with a rusty spoon instead. “I think I’ll pass,”
“Suit yourself,” He said straightening out his bow tie and leaning down to softly kiss my head.
“I will.” I flipped to the next page of the magazine to see Miley Cyrus staring up at me. She was hanging off her fathers arm at some other event. I stuck my tongue out at her and threw the magazine across the room.
“Eat something,” he called over his shoulder before closing the door behind him.

“Frankie! Frankie!” HE yelled loudly over the speakers. “Come on we need to talk!”
I spun around on my heel to face his all to perfect face. “I don’t want to discuss this any longer!” I exclaimed the tears threatening to spill. Andy’s face glowed in the flashing neon colors.
Weren’t we happy two weeks ago?
“Annnnndy!” I heard the name coming from the mouth of a sickly sweet face. Ashlyn.
“Frankie?” I flipped him the bird and watched Ashlyn’s face morph into the face of a demon. Her long blond tendrils wrapped around Andy like medusa.
“ANDY!” I shouted.
Ashlyn/Medusa snarled at me and snatched him away into a fog of green and red.
I watched myself fall to the ground the tears falling at an insane pace.

I jolted up. I was sweating and breathing like I had just run a marathon. WHY was this dream coming back to me now? It had been at least six months.

A knock on the door jolted me a little more. I stood up and wiped the sweat from my forehead and went over to the door.
Surprised by the face I jumped back a step or two.
I opened the door just enough to poke my head out into the brisk air. “What? Don’t you have something better than to bother me on Thanksgiving?” I sneered.
“Not really, are you going to let me in, or let me freeze?”
“Hmmmm, you freezing sounds tempting...” I said.
“Come on Frankie, let me in,” Andy begged.
“For only two minutes!” I said opening the door a little more. Andy squeezed his thin body through.
“What?” I asked crossing my arms and jumping up onto the island.
“I’m not gonna beat around the bush Frankie, I miss you.” I opened my mouth but Andy kept running his! “Now I know you’re not going to believe me. And I don’t expect you to, I mean the whole Ashlyn thing. It wasn’t right, SHE wasn’t right. Please believe me Frankie. You’re the one I want!” he exclaimed.
I shoved his shoulder. “Give me a break Andy. What happen did Ashlyn give you the old heave ho?”
“I dumped her. I couldn’t like her in the same way I liked you no matter what I did...”
My mouth hung open and Andy took advantage of it. His lips were warm and had the same taste as they always did. I didn’t realize how much I missed it until it was in front of me.
“One chance, please” Andy breathed.
“One,” I said softly before attacking his supple lips again.
♠ ♠ ♠
commenttt