Chicago City Lights

Chapter Thirteen

Look Pretty.

Only two words, but it put so much pressure on Evelyn as she stood in front of her closet in a pair of red lacy underwear and a matching red lacy push up bra. Her make up was done and her hair was curled. Now, she just needed to decide what to wear.

“Damn it, Wiz,” She mumbled, thumbing through her clothes.

She sighed and settled on a black dress with red pumps. She put a thick, red belt around her waist, making the black dress that clung to her curves pop with the splash of color. She put pearl earrings on and grabbed her coat and clutch, just as there was a knock on her door.

She smiled at Wiz as she looked him over. He was wearing a grey suit, a pink shirt and darker pink tie. She nodded as he kissed her on the cheek and helped her with her coat.

“You look nice,” He remarked.

“Thanks, so do you.”

He grabbed her hand as they walked out to his car, a white Cadillac Escalade. He helped her into the passenger seat and closed the door after her. They made small talk as they drove from her apartment into downtown. Evelyn, even as mad as she was at Ben, couldn’t get into the date. He was all she had on her mind.

She shook her head at her stupidity, having thought that maybe Ben had more than friendly feelings toward her, like the feelings she held for him. She needed to forget about something, anything happening between the two. She was going to have fun on her date with Wiz; Ben had told him to ask her out, anyway.

She grimaced to herself. That had hurt. A lot.

Wiz turned to her as he pulled up to the valet outside of a Brazilian steak house, “Are you alright?”

She snapped her head to the left to look at him, “Huh?”

He laughed, “I asked if you were alright.”

“Oh!” She smiled. “Yeah, I’m fine… Shall we?”

Wiz nodded and gave his keys to the valet worker, lacing his fingers with Evelyn’s again. She smiled lightly and let them be lead to their table. Wiz handed the guy a twenty dollar bill and he led them to a secluded table in the back corner. The host pulled out her chair for her and handed her a menu.

She smiled a thank you and placed her cloth napkin in her lap.

“This place…” She started. “Is… really fancy.”

Wiz smiled, “I like it, too.”

Evelyn raised her eyebrows as she went back to looking at her menu. She hadn’t said she liked it… She knew he would take her for fancy dinner when he had told her to ‘look pretty,’ but this…

She read over the menu, and her eyes went wide.

Thirty dollars for a ten ounce steak? She thought. Shit, we could have gone to Outback Steakhouse.

The waiter came to their table and asked if they had any drink orders. Before Evelyn could even think, Wiz had ordered a Guinness for himself and a Long Island Ice Tea for her.

“A Long Island Ice Tea?” She asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Well,” Wiz started. “This night calls for drinks.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah,” He told her. “You agreed to go out with me. I’ve been wanting to ask you out ever since I first met you.”

Evelyn could feel herself blush, but she raised her menu over her face and rolled her eyes. She got the feeling that Wiz was trying too hard. The Wiz she was out with, well, that wasn’t the real James Wisniewski. When the waiter brought their drinks and left with their dinner order, Evelyn picked up her glass and drank nearly half of the strong liquor.

A steak and four Long Island Ice Teas later, Evelyn was drunk. Not to the point that she wouldn’t remember the night the next morning, but she was still drunk. She knew Wiz was, too. He had had six beers for himself. The two of them walked to the valet and asked for assistance.

“Is there anyway I can keep my car here until tomorrow?” Wiz slurred out.

“Of course, Sir, would you like us to call you a cab?”

He nodded and brought Evelyn with him to sit on a small bench and wait for the taxi that had said it would be there in less than ten minutes. Evelyn sighed and rested her head on Wiz’s shoulder. He smiled and pulled away from her, bringing his lips to hers.

Evelyn surprised herself by not pulling away, but she couldn’t really be surprised. She was drunk, after all. When the taxi pulled up, the valet worker cleared his throat loudly, causing Wiz and Evelyn to finally break apart.

He grinned at her and helped her into the taxi and immediately went back to kissing her, after telling the driver directions to his place… not hers.

She was too into the kiss to care. He ran her hands through her hair before resting them on her jaw and cheeks. She frowned slightly; Wiz’s hands were smooth and not rough like Ben’s, the ones she had become so familiar with. They were always holding hands, cuddling on his couch… Evelyn pulled away from Wiz slightly, once again willing away the tears that threatened to fall.

“Evelyn?”

She looked into Wiz’s eyes and smiled, “Sorry.”

He shook his head and helped her out of the taxi and to the door of his apartment building. They stood in the elevator, Wiz’s hands at her waist, as she was positioned in front of him, his chest pressing against her back. Evelyn wondered how far up they were headed, but they finally landed on the twentieth floor.

James led her into his apartment and forcefully kissed her before he could even get the door shut. Kicking it closed with his foot, he did not break the kiss, and he led her into his bedroom.

She knew she should have stopped him as he gently pushed her onto his large mattress, but she was too focused on his hands to care. He was taking her dress and shoes off, leaving her in only her under garments.

He grinned down at her, “Damn, Evelyn.”

She let out a light smile and closed her eyes, only opening them again when she felt his body on top of hers. He kissed her again and brought her foreword, unhooking her bra and sliding her panties off.

She let out a large sigh, which she figured Wiz took as a sound of pleasure, because he kissed her again. Evelyn tried to get into it, but all she could think about was Ben.

Oh, god, She though. What a time to think about Ben…

Ten minutes later it was over and James was asleep. Evelyn almost laughed to herself, thinking about the situation. She shook her head at herself. She hadn’t had drunken sex since her freshman year of college and now she remembered why. It wasn’t worth it. She had certainly sobered up quickly.

She realized she couldn’t stay there. She grabbed her dress and shoes, quickly putting them back on. She pulled her coat on and grabbed her purse, heading down to the lobby, calling for a cab.

“Where to miss?” He asked her.

She thought for a moment and settled on Ben’s address rather than her own.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please please comment? It makes me update faster!!

:D