Chicago City Lights

Chapter Twenty Two

Ben stared at Ryan, his jaw clenched and his fists held so tightly his knuckles were white. Ryan said he wanted Evelyn and Ben of course had a problem with that. Trying to keep his composure, he took deep breaths and counted to ten, especially since Evelyn put a hand on his abs, pulling him back.

Ryan stood there, smirking. Evelyn sent him a glare. Ben eyed him up, just in case he had to get physical with the rat. He smirked to himself, realizing he had at least five inches and fifty pounds on Ryan.

“Ryan, get out.”

“Eva, you can’t tell me you’re happy with this guy.”

“Yes, I can,” She said immediately.

Ben smiled at her halfheartedly; he was still pissed off that Ryan was there and trying to mess things up with him and his girlfriend.

“Eva, think about what we had.”

“I am, and I don’t want to go there again!”

Ryan sighed, running his hands down his face, pacing a bit.

“Do you honestly think he loves you? Why would a big shot hockey player be with a girl like you, a nobody?”

Evelyn winced at his words, remembering all the mean things he had said to her in the past. That she was ugly, that she was stupid, that she was undeserving of love. She glanced at Ben to see he was even angrier that he had been previously.

He turned and looked back at her to see her with her head down, a sad look on her face.

“Lyn, tell me you are not believing his bullshit?” Ben asked through gritted teeth.

She shook her head, but did not look up at him. Ben practically growled at Ryan, his eyes fixed on the smaller man. Ryan’s eyes went wide and he seemed to cower away from the much larger hockey player.

Ben took two giant strides until he was practically nose to nose with Ryan, as he looked down at him.

“You need to get the fuck out of here before I call the cops.”

Ryan could only nod his head and run for the door, but when he opened it, he ran straight into Evelyn’s parents. She groaned, throwing her hand to her forehead, not wanting to deal with them.

“Hi, Ryan!” Her mother practically squealed.

“Hi Ellen, Rob,” Ryan answered, barely looking at them.

“Mom, dad, what are you doing here?”

“Ryan called us and told us you were back together!” Her dad grinned.

“What?” Evelyn asked, dumbfounded.

She turned to Ryan and he refused to look at her. Having enough of his bullshit, she decided, she balled her fist up and socked him right in the jaw.

“Evelyn!” Her mother, scolded.

“Mom, I am not dating Ryan! I will never date Ryan again. I’m sorry you wasted your time coming out here.”

“He called us…”

“And lied to you.”

“You’re not dating Ryan?”

Evelyn sighed, “No, I’m dating Ben.”

Both her mother and father looked up at Ben and he could only smile lightly; he was still slightly pissed off at Ryan, who had yet to leave the apartment.

“Ryan, why did you lie?” Evelyn’s dad, asked.

“I thought… I thought if you were behind me and Eva getting back together, it would be easier to get her back.”

Evelyn scoffed, “Fuck you, Ryan.”

“Evelyn!” Again, her mother scolded.

“Mom, shut up! You know nothing about my relationship with Ryan.”

“You two were happy.”

“I was miserable!”

Ryan shook his head as both Evelyn’s mother and father turned to look at him.

“He was controlling, he was mentally abusive, telling me I was ugly and stupid… and no one could love me. I stuck with him for so long because I thought he was the only one who could ever love me.”

Evelyn’s dad looked like he wanted to kill him, and when he glanced at Ben, apparently his daughter’s new boyfriend, to see him with the same angry expression, he knew he liked Ben.

Evelyn placed her hand on Ben’s arm and his expression immediately softened. She smiled up at him, placing a kiss to the corner of his mouth, his arms immediately wrapped around her body, holding her closely.

“Ryan, for the last time, get out of my apartment.”

He quickly nodded and ran for the door. Ben sighed and let his head fall to Evelyn’s shoulder.

“Don’t ever believe that you are ugly or stupid or unworthy of love, alright? You are beautiful and amazing.”

Evelyn grinned, “You’re pretty amazing yourself.”

He kissed her and pulled her tighter into himself. When they pulled away, her parents were grinning at them.

“We’ll just head back to our hotel. We’ll call you tomorrow to do lunch or dinner, okay?” Her dad said.

Evelyn nodded and hugged each of her parents, Ben moving to shake her dad’s hand and give her mother a hug.

“It’s nice to meet you, Ben,” Her dad said.

Ben agreed and walked them to the door, locking it behind them. Evelyn could only grin at him, while shaking her head.

“What a night, huh?”

Ben mumbled his agreement, picking Evelyn up and kissing her.

“I love you.”

“I love you, too,” She told him, kissing his neck.

“Lyn, don’t start unless you plan on finishing.”

She giggled, nipping at his jaw. She smiled when he groaned. She jumped from his arms and pulled his hand, leading him to the bedroom.

“You know how you always tell me I’m beautiful?”

Ben nodded, confused, “Yeah, and you are.”

“Why don’t you… show me?”

Ben grinned down at her and lightly pushed her out of the way, so he could sit on the edge of the bed. He took his shirt and his pants off, leaving him in his boxers. Evelyn looked down at him as she stood in front of him.

He put his hands on her hips, running circles over her bare skin with his thumbs. Evelyn smiled and put her hands on his shoulders, mimicking his movement. He slid the shirt up and quickly pulled it off. Placing a kiss on her belly, he pulled her to the bed with him.

And as the night progressed, Evelyn had never felt more beautiful.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, one more chapter left. :[

Comments?