Think of the Angels

Saints belong to Heaven (Not Again)

Mikey lay on the stiff hospital bed, oblivious to his own plight, attention diverted by the scene his dear brother was making.

Gerard Way, once famous lead vocalist, speaking to thin air. What the hell is wrong with fate? First Frank, and now my own brother.

It didn’t help that it seemed as though he has been talking to Frank. Hyper little bugger, Frank Iero. Someone .long dead.

When Gerard finally returned to his position beside Mikey’s bed, crying once more in muted silence, his little brother took the chance to question him.

“Gerard?” Mikey croaked. “What was that? Can you see the dead? Or are you just mad? Can you see Frank?”

His brother shook his head, visibly confused. “I don’t know, I don’t have answers for you, Mikes. But I think…I think Frank, at least. He was real.”

“Then…” Mikey gulped. “Will you see me when I die?”

Gerard’s eyes widened in shock. “Mikey! You won’t die!”

The sickly boy laughed half-heartedly, then shook his head. “I will, Gerard. I will. I…I’m afraid.”

“It’s going to be okay,” his brother whispered. “It’s all going to be okay. It’ll be alright. It will.”

“Mmm. I don’t know anymore. Should I…” Mikey sighed, murmuring and grasping his brother’s hand. “I’m really tired, you know,” he yawned suddenly. “I think I’ll just get some rest first…”

“No! Mikey! Open your eyes! Look at me! Mikey!”

The younger male ignored his brother’s protests, instead shutting the voices out. He was so tired. “Just a little while…”

“Mikey, NO!”

Mikey closed his eyes, feeling his heart finally give out. His body, his organs, shutting down one by one in a circulatory power failure. So this is what it feels like to die.

A peaceful sleep.

Gerard sobbed, crying his eyes out into the dead body of his little brother. Mikey was gone, would be gone. I hate you, I hate you for leaving me behind. You said you’d be there with me through it all, so why do I have to leave you behind?

Subconsciously, Mikey felt himself jerk awake. Yet, something about his being conscious didn’t feel remotely right, didn’t feel…humane.

“Where am I?” he wondered, though not out loud. He could hear the sound of someone sobbing, distant. He spun around, taking in the full of his surroundings. Still in the ward. As his eyes traveled across the room, they finally came to rest on one thing – Gerard, crying into his own limp body.

Wait, why am I looking at myself? Mikey looked around once more, then he finally started to pick up the clues, piecing together the evidence to form the big picture, the real truth.

The fact that he could see his own lifeless body. Gerard, crying. The straight, flat line on the monitor, the definite and solid beep that seemed to pull at time itself, stretching on into an eternity.

The Truth, tho’ hard to accept, is absolute.

He was dead. Really dead. He, Mikey Way, was well and truly dead.

Mikey gulped, hesitant as to whether this would work. Of his brother had really seen Frank, maybe, just maybe…

“Gerard?”

IMPORTANT!
A/N: The next chapter will be super-short because I might make Mikey a...oh, forget it. It's short because I can have space to move around and round this off nicely.
Countdown: Two more chapters left till this finishes.