Status: Completed

The Perfect Paper Airplane

One.

Everything is becoming too much. Life is compressing me into a tiny box void of much needed oxygen. I need an outlet to all the carbon dioxide polluting my system; something to bring precious air into my veins. Countless times I find myself itching to pour my heart out. My head constantly swirls with thoughts of everything and nothing, all which I feel I must let out for someone to hear, but the world is deaf to all my screams.

Vigorously, I write down everything my mind can think of, everything my heart has ached for. I scribble down my life, summarizing all of my seventeen years of life. The once beautifully blank sheet of computer paper now contained my secrets, my regrets, and even a few rare happy moments. It felt as if it were a part of me now; a small sheet of paper which symbolized my breaking free of this hardship. It was a piece of me in writing.

Meticulously, I folded it. Carefully aligning the corners, this small piece of who I am became a paper airplane. When I finished, I set it down in front of me. Crafted precisely into perfection, this paper airplane had a look about it that seemed to yearn for flight. I could easily imagine it cutting through the air, being carried far away on a strong gust of wind.

I walked a good distance away from the yard I had been sitting on, the airplane ready for release in my hand. I waited a moment for the perfect breeze to come, and thrust the plane, my problems, my memories, my life, into the air. It glided for a few seconds as I watched. I felt like a tiny weight had been lifted off of my chest and I was able to breathe again.

Disappointingly, my airplane starts to twirl and dive into the grass a few yards away. I slowly walk over to it and pick it up, uselessly trying to swallow the hopeless desperation that threatened to engulf me. My problems couldn't fly away, and no one would ever get the chance to read about my life. A tear slowly slid down my cheek as I crumbled the worthless paper and, dropping the now ruined plane, walked away.

I'd never admit to myself, but as I treaded down the street and a stronger breeze began to pick up, a small flicker of hope came alive inside of me at the idea that my once perfect paper airplane would be blown away, and someone would get to read it after all.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would be great. And this is only a one shot, so there wont be a second chapter.