My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 20

~Claire's POV~

Alex started hyperventilating and winced. "What's going on? What's happening to him?"

"He's struggling. This is what happens to vampires when they fight their instincts." I looked at Alex. The vampire started pulling me away. I managed to wiggle out of his arms and ran over to Alex.

"Alex. Alex! Look at me! Stay with me!" He was bobbing in and out of consciousness. "Alex..." The vampire started walking back towards me. I looked at Alex and started talking really quickly. I had to get this out before the vampire came. "No! No, Alex. I can't lose you... I can't..." The situation slammed into me.

I knew what I had to do. "Alex..." I looked at my bleeding arm. I closed my eyes, but held it over Alex's mouth. He didn't necessarily have to bite me... He could still get what he needed.

Alex shook his head furiously. He didn't want to. He wasn't sure if he could stop, probably. "I don't care. Drink!" The blood started to seep into his mouth. He opened his eyes and I gulped. They were blood red.

He took my arm in his hands and started drinking. And he drank fast. My eyes started to flutter closed. One of the vampires tried to pull him away from me, but Alex threw him across the room. "Al...ex... Stop... please..." I started to lose consciousness just as Alex pulled away.

"Claire! I'm so sorry. Stay with me! Claire..." I tried. I really did. But I couldn't listen to his command to stay with him. I collapsed onto the floor.

~Alex's POV~

Claire. Claire. No, no, no! I was freaking out. The vampires were furious. I didn't care. They started yelling at each other as I picked up Sophie and Claire and walked out. They were too distracted to stop me. My entire world was crashing down. Claire...

I took Sophie back to the house and ran Claire to a hospital. She had lost too much blood to take her to the house. The doctor took her away and I watched as her limp form was taken away from me. I couldn't deal with this.

The doctors ushered me out of the room and I sighed. Long after dark, they left her alone. I snuck into her room. They had a pack of blood being pumped into her veins. I couldn't let myself breathe around here. I sank into a chair next to her.

Claire. My Claire. I had hurt the love of my life. I stayed next to her until the doctors started to come in. I took one more look at Claire and rushed out. She had doctors to take care of her. I though of checking in on Sophie. Sophie was freaking out. She was fine physically, but not quite mentally.

As soon as I walked in, she started trying to punch me. I took it all, it felt like she was just poking me. "You hurt her! She trusted you! You..." she collapsed to the floor sobbing.

"I'm sorry." She just sobbed harder.

"Is she going to be ok?"

"She should be. I took her to the hospital."

"Good... I... I'm sorry. She trusts you. She... She cares about you a lot, you know. I just... Ugh. I don't know. I worry about her."

"I do too. She'd be better without me..." She never would want to be without me, though. Would she? She loved me... and Luke, I noted rather bitterly. But things would be better if she was with Luke. Problem was, she would never be with Luke. Claire would never do that to Sophie. So she wanted me. Even though she shouldn't.

She wanted a vampire... and she had one. She had me hooked. If only Claire could be normal and want a human. Things would be so much better. Claire... I knew, without a doubt, that she would forgive me as soon as she woke up. She shouldn't. She couldn't.

But she would...