My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 28

~Alex's POV~

The worst thing about being a vampire is that you're super strong. So whenever you're helpless, the feeling spreading throughout your entire body to tell you that doubles. Maybe even triples. You feel completely useless, helpless, and terrified.

When I was thrown out of the window, that's what I felt. No matter what I did, I couldn't get rid of that impact. Jumping out of a second story window was one thing. Being thrown out of a five story window was a completely different matter entirely. I could hear Claire's agonized screams and each one broke my heart into a million more pieces. He was going to pay. I swore it. No matter what it took, I would kill Damien.

After I had healed, which took hours, I looked around. I saw, in a fourth story window on the corner, Claire. Sobbing uncontrollably, and still watching me. She hadn't taken her eyes off of me. Not once. I tried to give her an encouraging look, one that told her I would get her out, adn she smiled slightly, but neither of us were fooled. It was clear in her eyes, the sadness. The helplessness. Just as it was in my soul. The sadness. The helplessness. I made a promise I had no clue how to keep. I made a promise to kill someone hundreds of times stronger than me. I had no clue how. But somehow I would do it. For Claire.

I started running back to Claire's house, where Sophie and Luke were probably looking around trying to figure out why it was trashed. When I arrived, Luke and Sophie were in Sophie's room, talking in hushed tones about what might have happened. "It's been almost an entire day and neither of them have come here, Luke. She's my sister! Think what might have happened to her!"

It was then that they noticed me. They smiled at first, but when they saw the blood soaking my shirt, they froze. "What happened? Where's Claire?"

"I'm going to need your help on that."

"Why?"

"Where the hell is my sister, Alex? She had better be ok!"

"Define ok. Physically? Or mentally? Because physically, I don't think an entire army could get close enough to hurt her right now. Mentally, I'm thinking she'll need our help."

"What is going on? Where the hell is my sister!" Sophie screamed, getting into my face.

"She's currently at the mansion where Damien resides." Apparently Sophie was definitely Claire's sister, because recognition immediately dawned on her. "And it'll be quite difficult to get her out."

"But- But she's got your mark! What could he possibly want with her that that wouldn't rule out immediately?"

"It doesn't rule it out. Little known fact, probably known only by Claire and Damien until now, the vampire king can remove the mark." Sophie gasped and slowly reached up to touch the place on her neck where she herself had a mark. She looked away and turned to Luke, her voice sounding broken. She was probably crying.

"How do we get her back?"

"It'll take a lot of tools and planning. And willingness to do things you probably never planned ot do in your lifetime. Never wanted to do in your lifetime."

"Fine. Let's get started on the planning right now." Sophie quickly wiped her face and turned around, sitting down next to Luke across from me. We would all do whatever it took to get Claire back. Everything is going to be alright Claire. I promise to you that I will fix this. Somehow, I'll fix this.