My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 30

~Claire's POV~

It had been a day or so. I had been working a lot on postponing it, but Damien wouldn't wait anymore. He was going to remove Alex's mark. And replace it with one of his own. I didn't want the royal seal on my neck. I wanted the familiar crescent moon. I wanted Alex. But it was too late. I belonged to Damien now and he would make it official tonight.

He wanted to do it when the sun went down. Don't ask me why, there was no specific significance that I could see. But up until that moment, Alex could rescue me without having to do anything drastic. But as soon as Damien dug his vile fangs into my neck, Alex would have to kill Damien if he wanted to rescue me. And killing the vampire king wouldn't go over well.

I just hoped that he didn't bring Sophie at all. I knew she would want to come, but there was one other thing about the vampire king that I didn't get a chance to tell him. He could have a mate mark with more than one person. And he would want Sophie if she came. She was just like me. So no matter what, she couldn't come.

"Come, my darling." I flinched at the way he said 'my.' it was so possessive and controlling. It wasn't said to be sweet, it was said to establish that he was dominant over me, that he could control me, that I was his and not the other way around. I tried to think of some way to stop this. Some way to postpone it more. To give Alex more time. There wasn't any. I was doomed. Alex, if he came for me, was doomed, along with anybody else he brought with him. Doom was a looming cloud over the entire situation's head.

I stood up and walked over to Damien. If I was going down, I might as well do it with pride. He dragged me over to his bedroom. I shied away from the sight of it, knowing there was probably a reason why he would want to do it here. So that as soon as I was his and he could touch me with no consequences, he could take full advantage of it. I spun around to try to get away, but Damien was blocking the door. He gestured to the bed, where I sat, shaking from head to toe with fear.

"Relax." He set his hands on my shoulder and some oppressive force began to act upon me, forcing me to be calm. This was the problem with Damien being the vampire king: the vampire king had abilities no other being on Earth had. And I was right in the palm of his hands. It wouldn't be very easy to get me out. Damien wouldn't be easy to kill, no matter if Alex brought an entire army.

He placed the palm of his hand on Alex's mark and I felt pain stab through that spot. I couldn't scream though. The oppressive calm was still acting on me. After it was gone, Damien smiled triumphantly before plunging his fangs into my neck.

Just like it did with Alex, waves of pleasure shot through me. Damien trailed his hand up and down my thigh, which, combined with the pleasure coming off of the bite, made me do something I promised myself I would never do with Damien: it made me moan. The bastard made me moan. Made me enjoy this. He was toying with my mind and we both knew it.

Finally, he took his teeth out of my neck and pain shot through me. I closed my eyes until it was over. When I opened my eyes, i felt like tearing somebody's throat out because I didn't want it to be true. I didn't want to be Damien's. I felt myself sobbing as Damien leaned down and kissed my cheek. "You're mine now."