My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 32

~Claire's POV~

Damien reached out to stroke my cheek. I pulled away. You're not winning this time. "Stop trying to fight this." No. Alex will save me. "You and I both know that if he comes, he dies." I flinched, knowing he was right.

He reached out again and tried to touch me. I couldn't take this anymore. I turned around and started to run away. He caught me and pulled me back though. He stroked my cheek and whispered in my ear. "Stop this Claire. You're mine. You always will be. This'll be a lot easier if you just accept it." I tried to pull out of his grasp, but he ended up just pulling me closer to him.

Suddenly, he lifted up his head for a second or two before laughing. "You know, it's too bad for Alex that I can read his mind. He really did come up with an incredible plan and it's a shame to ruin it." Alex was here. I lifted my arm and elbowed Damien in the stomach, wincing as pain coursed through my stomach too, and started running to the door. Alex.

I didn't make it. Damien pulled me back, chuckling softly. "Too bad. It really is a good plan." I'm not surprised. He always was the geeky type at school. Damien looked surprised. "You fell for a geek? Interesting." I tried again to pull away. Damien just shook his head. "Sorry Darling. But I can't have you interfering." He put his finger to my forehead and suddenly, I felt sleepy. Really sleepy. I yawned and Damien smiled as he set me down on the bed, kissing my forehead. "Sorry Darling. Can't let you interfere." I hate you, I thought as I was consumed with sleep.

~Alex's POV~

Everything was going just as planned. Until something happened. I'm still not sure quite what. But something happened, and next thing I knew, we were surrounded by guards so we didn't attack Damien, who was smirking at us while fingering through Claire's hair. I felt like tearing him apart when I saw that. I had never been so angry in my entire life. He was fingering her hair, he was holding her unconscious in his arms, and his despicable mark was on her neck. I growled.

"Calm down, Alex. She's safe. Shouldn't that be enough to make you happy?" She may have been safe, but she was being tortured all the time, I knew it. "Don't be so sure. Claire and I have actually had a lot of fun." I would tear him limb from limb if he said that again. Damien laughed. "I'd like to see you try." I furrowed my eyebrows together in confusion. What in the world? "How do you think I knew what you were thinking Alex? You can read humans' minds. I just have one step further." I hissed at him.

He laughed again and set down Claire, kissing her cheek as he did so. My wishes to murder him increased tenfold as I closed my eyes and looked away to try and not see. He was touching my Claire. "She's not your Claire anymore Alex. She's mine." I glared at him. He just smiled.

Claire opened her eyes slowly. All eyes shot to her. Her eyes grew wide as she witnessed what was going on. Damien rolled his eyes before appearing next to her all of a sudden. She glared at the floor as he pulled her close to something and whispered something inaudible to everyone else in the room in her ear. Her expression turned horrified.

~Claire's POV~

I opened my eyes and immediately wished I hadn't. All eyes were on me. Damien appeared suddenly and pulled me close to him, whispering in my ear. "By the time this night is over, Alex and Luke will both be dead, not before Luke learns the truth about how you feel about him. And you and your sister will be mine forever. Don't you dare try to interfere. I have a much higher tolerance for pain than you." I looked at him, horrified, and as soon as he let me go backed up until I hit the wall and slid down it.

"No," I said shaking my head furiously. He grinned.

"Yes."