My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 37

~Sophie's POV~

I felt dead. Something that was a part of me was taken away. And it wasn't coming back. She wasn't coming back, was she? When Luke and I got home, I collapsed onto my bed and cried myself to sleep. My sister was gone. How could this have happened? Why did she go with them? Why didn't she come home with me? She had a choice, so why did she make the one she did?

And then of course there was the question of whether or not I should really care. She could have talked to ME about Luke. She could have talked to me. But I knew somewhere in my brain that I would have probably attacked her if she did. I shook my head. No. She couldn't have talked to me about it. She would have ended up in the hospital, not with some helpful tip to guide her.

Luke did everything he could to make me feel better. Nothing was working. "What does it take, Sophie? How can I make you feel better" The tone he was using was not a pleasant one, and I snapped.

"Bring my sister back and we'll talk!" Luke bit his lip to stop any retort from coming out, knowing that a fight at this point would definitely not do anything except make things worse. I shook my head sadly. "Sorry," I mumbled. "I just miss her." Luke smiled comfortingly as he pulled me onto his lap and rocked me back and forth.

"I know you do. She'll come back," Again, the tone he used didn't help his case. He didn't believe a word he was saying.

"No she won't and you know it." He sighed and shook his head.

"Come on. Stop getting into this doom and gloom attitude. If your sister really isn't coming back, then what would she want you to do? Mope? Stay angry for the rest of your life? No. She'd want you to live your life. So come on and get up and let's go." I felt a sting at the back of my throat while my thirst started bugging me. Again.

"No. Let's stay and hang out at the house for now." Luke sighed but, unbeknonst to the fact that I had decided I was staying with my sister no matter what, nodded. We talked for a while and played some video games, during which the entire time I was biting down the urge to tear down the window and grab the nearest human I saw.

Sisters are meant to be together. Always and forever.

~Claire's POV~

I was so thirsty. They hadn't fed us since they threw us in here. Nobody even approached the door. I think they said the new king would be decided within the week. So we had about a week to live, I supposed. That was, if we could survive the lack of blood.

At least there weren't any humans around. I don't think it would have been possible to stop me if there were. Alex's words rang briefly in my ear. "Sometimes you will have to kill them." Or something along those lines. A shiver went up my spine. After this long, I would undoubtedly end up killing whoever I fed on. I didn't want to kill anybody. I guess it was a good thing I wouldn't get to feed before I died, then.

Because within the week, a new king would be announced. And they would decide what to do about us. And it wasn't like they would have any reason to be merciful. And a lot of vampires enjoy watching people die. Another shiver crawled along my spine. Those people made me sick.

And my fate was very likely to be in one of their hands soon. I rested my head on Alex's shoulder and closed my eyes, my mark resting right where my neck met his shoulder.

Our new mark was different. It didn't have the blue crescent moon. It had chains. The sign of a fugitive. A criminal. I sighed. We weren't criminals. Damien deserved to die. Anybody who knew Damien would know that.

The door to our cell opened, making both Alex and me jump at the sudden sound. "Hey you two. Meet the new king."
♠ ♠ ♠
We get some of Sophie's POV! Isn't that exciting? Even though what she's doing is pretty darn depressing...

And who is the new king? Who could it be? Hmm... We'll see in the next chapter.