My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 38

~Sophie's POV~

"Come on, Sophie. Drink it." The smell of the blood was driving me crazy as Luke held the glass in front of me, but I shook my head."Sophie you can't do this. What would Claire say?"

"Claire would be proud of me because, in case you haven't noticed, she just did a quicker way fo acheiving the same thing!" I bit back. Luke winced at my tone. I didn't want to lose Claire. I would give up the world for her.

"Sophie, what about me?" I froze. What about Luke? I would give up the world for him too. Would I give up Claire for him? No. Yes. No. Yes. Stop it with the arguing in my head! My head started spinning as my mind went reeling with arguments.

"What about me, Sophie? You're just going to leave me?" I shook my head. No. I couldn't. But I had to for Claire. But... But I wasn't giving Claire up. Luke was right. Claire would want me to live my life. She spent her entire life making everybody else happy. It was tragic. But she wouldn't want me to do the same. She'd want me to live my life. However I wanted.

But I wanted to live my life with Claire. My head started spinning again before suddenly crystallizing. Claire would still be there. She would always be there. Whether it was physical or spiritual, she'd be there. She wasn't leaving me. I didn't have to chase after her. But if I wasn't careful, Luke would leave me. And I didn't want to have to chase him. He was a lot faster than me.

I tackled Luke to the floor, sobbing uncontrollably as I hugged him for support. I took the glass carefully and drank it. My eyes closed as I savored the taste. Luke grinned as he wiped away the stray tears from my eyes and kisseed my cheek. "Come on," he said suddenly, jumping up and pulling me with him. "We need to go hunting."

"I'm sorry."

"Don't worry about it. I love you Sophie."

"I love you too Luke." We went hunting then. I ended up killing the poor human. I shook my head as tears pricked my eyes again. Luke wiped them away quickly and kissed my forhead.

"Don't think about it. Don't give up on me now. I'll always be there for you." I smiled and nodded as Luke pulled me behind him. I wanted Claire. But I guess it was my turn to have a guilty pleasure. Except mine was a bit more extreme. Claire's was to love Luke. Mine was to live.

~Claire's POV~

The guard sniggered slightly as he moved out of the way for the new king to step into view. "Good luck."

I shook my head in disbelief as I took it in. "There's no way. You can't really be the king, can you?"

"Yes. I can." I shook my head in disbelief. Wow. Did not see that coming.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh my! Who could it be? The anticipation is killing me! Not that you have to wait long to find out seeing as I'm posting the next one immediately after this one... :)