My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 5

~Claire's POV~

Sophie and I spent the day hanging out with Luke and his friends. They actually turned out to be pretty nice. They adored Sophie, which was good seeing as she was dating their best friend.

I got home and sat on my bed, getting out my laptop. I started checking my e-mail, breathing deeply and rubbing my neck to release all of my frustration. An entire day of boys. Yuck! Oh well. Can't take it back now.

I stopped as I heard a tapping noise. I looked around for a while, but I couldn't see anything that would cause a tapping noise. So I sank back into my chair and started typing again. But the tapping noise came again.

I stood up when I realized it was coming from my window. I walked over to it. My eyes widened as I saw who it was. Alex. I opened the window, looking around first to see if no one was looking. "Where have you been these past few days? And what are you doing here?" I hissed.

"Let me in. I need your help." I sighed and pulled him into my room, closing the door behind me. I immediately noticed that Alex was... to say the least, different. My eyes widened again.

"You're... Oh God. Alex... ok. That explains your absence at school. Who changed you?"

"Marcy." I froze.

"Marcy. As in the princess of the vampires?"

"Yeah. Hey how do you know that?"

"It's easy to find information about vampires Alex. All you have to do is be willing to look."

"I need your help! I don't know what to do." It was then that I noticed the mark on his neck. I started stuttering.

"M- M- M-." I shook my head to clear it and then asked Alex to confirm the facts. "Marcy marked you?"

"That's what I need your help with. I don't know what to do. And you're the only one I can think of who might know how to help." I collapsed onto my bed and closed my eyes, shaking my head hoping this would just go away.

Alex was a vampire. And I wanted a vampire more than anything. And I couldn't have him because he was claimed by the freaking PRINCESS!!!! And he was here, asking for my help. And I couldn't help him. This could not be happening to me.

"Alex, there's no way to get rid of that thing. It stays on until either one of you die, or you BOTH agree to take it off. I really can't help you." Alex sighed and sat down next to me.

"Well, I really hate her. I'm going out of my mind here, Claire." He sighed and looked at me. "Well, can we at least be friends? I really don't want Marcy sticking me in a cage for the rest of my life."

"Of course." Alex really didn't seem happy with the turnouts, but he smiled at me before leaving. Well, he reached out for a hug, but I shook my head. He would go through a lot of pain if he touched me. I wasn't going to let him do that to himself. Alex left, and I collapsed onto my bed and cried my eyes out. I had my vampire. But I could never have him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Aha! The first encounter between the two since Alex became a vampire. Very important to note.