My Ex-Boyfriend Became a Vampire Recently... And He Wants Me Back

Chapter 7

~Claire's POV~

Marcy glared at my outstretched hand. I laughed. "I don't bite. That's your job, isn't it?" Marcy hung her mouth open in shock. Alex covered his mouth to stop the laugh dying to come out of it.

"I'm Marcy," she mumbled, grudgingly taking my hand and giving it a quick shake. I had a feeling that if we weren't in a public place, I would be dead by now.

"See, Alex? She seems a lot more civil than you tried to tell me." Marcy turned around and glared at Alex. He just shrugged. He had kind of told me that, but I was kind of stretching it. But hey. She had my vampire. That meant war.

"You are so mean, Alex." She started pouting. Alex just smiled at me and followed me, walking away from her. She stood up, flaring with anger and started walking up behind us.

"You know you're really pushing it with this."

"She can't kill me without killing herself."

"But she can kill me!"

"Not in public. Everyone would freak." I shrugged. He had a good point. Marcy caught up to us at that point. She pushed her finger into my chest, pushing me backwards.

"You stay away from us. He doesn't want you anymore. He has me." I laughed. It was hard to stop myself. He definitely didn't want her. He wanted her to die.

"But Marcy, he came to see me. I was merely returning the favor." Marcy glared at me for almost a full minute. Then she turned around, glared at Alex, grabbed him by the wrist and pulled.

She must have pulled too hard, because they both pulled back with a loud, "Ow!" Alex shook his wrist once, while Marcy started cradling hers like it was an injured infant. Wow. She was such a baby. Oh well. Time to go find Luke and Sophie.

I found them in one of the dress stores. I had had my fill of chaos for now. I would torture Marcy later. For now, I had to help Sophie find the perfect dress. I really wasn't sure about what I was going to do, though. I didn't exactly have a date. I had a potential one, but seeing as he couldn't even touch me without him going through pain, I highly doubted that was going to happen.

Sophie came out dressed in a yellow dress. I pinched my nose and shook my head. "You have purple hair, Sophie. Yellow just doesn't work." Sophie looked at herself in the mirror and immediately nodded. She went back in and came out with a light blue one. "That one's not bad."

This was the problem with having purple hair. It was really hard to match something with it. Either it looked great or it looked horrible. There really was no middle ground. We spent the rest of the day finding Sophie the perfect dress. "We'll find the perfect one for you tomorrow, Claire. I promise."

"I don't even know if I'm going to go."

"You've got to!"

"I don't have a date, Sophie. How retarded would that be to go without a date?" Sophie pursed her lips.

"We'll just have to find you one then." I groaned. Sophie trying to find me a guy. That could not end well.

"Whatever! Let's just go home." Sophie shrugged and we walked up to Luke's car. The entire ride home, all Sophie did was giggle. I couldn't blame her really. Even though Luke wasn't a vampire, he still was amazing. Rich, hot, and nice. By Sophie's standards, that was perfect. By mine, he would be perfect if only one thing changed: if he was a vampire. I had a vampire. Had him in the palm of my hands. And yet I couldn't have him. My life sucked.

I sighed and collapsed onto my bed. I opened my window to let a breeze in and started reading my book. "Why do you always open the window when you read?"

"What are you doing here, Alex? Haven't you tortured Marcy enough for one day?"

"Not really." I sighed. Oh, Alex. He was a lot more obnoxious than I remembered him. "Can I try something?"

"Sure...?" Next thing I knew, Alex was a centimeter away from me. He pressed his lips onto me. I widened my eyes as he grunted slightly and winced of pain. He lied down on the floor and closed his eyes. I couldn't tell if he was smiling or frowning, honestly. I slapped him. "What the hell are you doing?"

"It was worth it."

"You're going to get yourself killed one of these days, Alex."

"I don't care. It was worth it." He reached out for my hair but I pulled back. Oh, no. I was not letting this boy put himself through pain for me. Alex just shrugged at me and smiled. "It was worth it."
♠ ♠ ♠
Aw! Alex is so cute I love him so much!