The Tragedy of Aqua

Scene 1: The Begginning

Scene 1 the beginning:
She knows their love will never grow. She knows he’ll never fall for her, but she keeps on trying without success, she is sweet, shy, and not very pretty. He is outspoken, rowdy, and oh so handsome. He is perfect in her eyes, his only flaw was that he is too perfect for her just out of her reach. For a moment it seemed that five years of persistence, and patience is going to pay off. He’d broken up with his girlfriend or rather she’d broken up with him... Through a messenger! His name is Auto. Her name is Aqua. Her ex-best friend and his ex-girlfriend is Zandria. She’d been Aqua’s best friend for about a year when Zandria started dating him and Zandria knew of Aqua’s crush on Auto so she told her to get lost. So there was a rift in their relationship. It only got worse when Zandria told Aqua how she’d ended it with Auto... Auto didn’t even know, and Aqua was the one who had to tell him, her resentment toward Zandria grew because of this.
At last Aqua thinks Auto is starting to like her, but disaster strikes when someone starts leaving notes about Zandria in Auto’s locker. Auto tells Aqua all about it, and she helps him through it. Then he finds out it was Zandria the whole time! Now she wants him back. Aqua is feeling several emotions at once anger, frustration, happiness, sorrow, and confusion. Auto is giddy, he wants Zandria back. Aqua refuses to cry in front of him, as he breaks her heart yet again.
AUTO:
AQUA! AQUA! Guess what?!
AQUA:
(wryly)Oh no... Is that freak putting notes in your locker again? (to herself) If I ever find out who it is that hurt dear Auto like this I’ll....
AUTO:
Huh? Oh! NO... It was Zandria!
AQUA:
(Crying inside) Really?! (Trying to steady her voice) Why did she do that?
AUTO:
She misses me!
AUQA:
(dying inside) So your back together?
AUTO:
Not yet... But soon hopefully!
AUQA:
Oh. Good luck. (walks away)
AUTO:
(Running after her) What?
AQUA:
(Tears in her eyes)I... (spinning to face him) How could you go back to her? after...
AUTO:
(Cutting her off) I LOVE HER surely you can understand that. (slight pause) OR DO YOU?!
(Accusatively)
AQUA:
(Taken aback and angrily declaring her true feelings haltingly) I... I DO.. I really do... Auto I love you! I have since the day I met you... Auto.. Why? Just tell me why.
AUTO:
(confused) Why what?
AQUA:
(softly.. giving up) Why’d you have to fall for her? What’s wrong with me? (pleadingly) Tell me.
AUTO:
(haltingly) Aqua... It’s not... I... you... She’s.. Just so ... Beautiful. (shrugging)
AQUA:
Oh.. (turning to hide her tears) I have to go.
AUTO:
Where? The bell just rang for fifth hour. Class is this way.
AQUA:
Tell Mrs. Rover Im Ill.
AUTO:
Are you?
AQUA:
What do you care?!
AUTO:
Uh....
AQUA:
I didn’t think so! (starts running from him crying softly)
AUTO:
Please Aqua, wait! I..(running after her) didn’t mean..
AQUA:
NO! (crying louder now)
AUTO:
(Grabs her arm and pulls her close to him) LISTEN! (she opens her mouth to argue) NO, listen... I... do care. I... I don’t want to hurt you... I... It’s easier loving her because I know I won’t hurt her, because she... doesn’t love me like you do... you’re so in love I could really hurt you!
AQUA:
(with a hint of mockery looking up at him with a weak smile on he face) I thought the almighty invincible Auto wasn’t scared of anything!?
AUTO:
(puffing out his chest) I... I’m not. (long pause as she looks at him with raised eyebrows) (sighs and says with a hint of embarrassment) Ok fine I am. I’m scared of hurting you.
AQUA:
What do you think this love-fest between you and Zandria is doing to me?
AUTO:
(Harshly) You’ll live.
(Suddenly a boy runs into the hallway. As he runs past Aqua and Auto he accidentally bumps Aqua causing her to fall, her head hits the wall hard knocking her out)
Aqua? (he says bending over her) Aqua! Please get up Aqua! (she doesn't move)
(Mrs. Rover walks into the hall and is shocked to see Auto kneeling beside Aqua who laying in the floor not moving)
MRS. ROVER:
(confused) Auto!? Why... What... (then she sees the blood pooling beneath Aqua) Aqua?! Can you hear me dear?
AUTO:
(Softly in a terror stricken voice) Is she okay? (Mrs. Rover checks Aqua’s pulse and realizes she’s not breathing)
MRS. ROVER:
She’s not breathing! GET THE NURSE! (Auto turns white with shock and starts sobbing) AUTO GET THE NURSE NOW!!!
(Ms. Strum, Aqua’s favorite teacher form the year before, walks out of her classroom and into the hall)
MS. STRUM:
What’s going on? (Sees Aqua and is suddenly concerned) Aqua! (Turns to back to her class) Phil, Run and get the nurse! RUN! NOW! (Phil runs for the nurse) Serge, call the office and tell them to call 911! (Serge runs to the intercom and relays the message) Auto? (turning back to the students in the hall) AUTO! (when he doesn't answer) Come on Auto You have to tell me what happened! AUTO!
AUTO:
(snapping out of it.) I... We were arguing and... some kid ran by and she... fell... Then she... Just stopped moving... I... I.. I love her!
(Nurse walks in)
NURSE:
What’s going on? (looks from Ms. Strum to Mrs. Rover to Auto then finally to Aqua) Oh my!
AUTO:
(still kneeling beside Aqua focused on Aqua unaware of anything but Aqua) Aqua? (grabbing her hand) AQUA!? Pleas God let her get up. AQUA!
NURSE:
(after checking Aqua’s vitals) She’s (Stops when she sees Auto’s face)
AUTO:
Is she ok? (No one answers, the adults walk just out of hearing distance)
NURSE:
She’s not good... She’s barely breathing. And her heart rate is getting weaker.
MRS. ROVER:
Oh God! Will she make it? What can we do? (Ms. Strum prays)
AQUA:
(weakly to Auto) Y..You. do. care! (slips back into an unconscious state)
AUTO:
(surprised and anxious) Aqua! Aqua, come back! (Ms. Strum and the other adults walk back to Auto and Aqua, Ms. Strum kneels beside Auto and gently touches his shoulder)
MS. STRUM:
Auto... (softly, tenderly, sadly) She. might not.. make it.
AUTO:
(angrily looking at Ms. Strum as if it was her fault) NO! (confused and sad) She just spoke to me! She’s got to make it!! (firmly) I LOVE HER!
(Adults walk a little way away again)
AQUA:
(Very weakly) auto? auto? (he gently grabs her hand so she knows he’s there) i love you auto... don’t forget me. tell everyone i love them.. i.. auto it hurts... auto... don’t leave me... I'm scared.. auto.. (slowly drifts back out of consciousness)
AUTO:
(sobbing) DON’T DIE!!! Please Aqua! Please don’t die!! Please (raising his eyes heavenward talking to God for the first time since he was a child) God please let her live I’ll do anything just give her back to me!!
(Ms. Strum had been walking back to them and stopped as she heard Aqua speak finally approaches Auto)
MS. STRUM:
Auto? (slowly walking up to him) Auto? (stopping behind him) She loves you very much... You’ve been through a lot together? I know it’s hard losing a girlfriend, but...
AUTO:
(cutting her off) That’s the thing Ms. Strum... I love her and she loves me... but. she’s not my girlfriend. I thought she was better off without me.. She’s not going to die Ms. Strum! She can’t die! I LOVE her! (sobs rack his body)
MS. STRUM:
I’m sorry Auto. I’m sure you loved her very much.
AUTO:
I did. I mean I DO! She’s not going to die! I’ll can’t live without her!
(Zandria walks out of a nearby classroom and sees Auto, she slowly walks up to him)
ZANDRIA:
Auto? What are you doing? Are you crying? What is wrong?!
AUTO:
(looking up at Zandria with tear-filled eyes) It’s Aqua. She’s... (he motions toward Aqua, who is still laying in a small pool of blood not moving, hardly breathing)
ZANDRIA:
(Looks briefly at Aqua then to Auto) What’s the big deal it’s just Aqua? (pauses walking closer to Aqua. Auto and Ms. Strum stare at her in shock. Zandria nudges Aqua with the toe of her shoe) Hmmm.. I think she’s dead.. cool.
AUTO:
(Furious lunges at Zandria, but she simply side steps and Ms. Strum stops all further conflict by pointing toward Aqua) JUST AQUA!!! JUST AQUA!! Zandria she was your best friend. And I LOVE HER!
ZANDRIA:
(stunned and disgusted) Why?! (small pause) Why did you tell me you love me if you really love her? I thought you wanted me back?
AUTO:
I... didn’t want to hurt her and... You liked me... so. yea.
ZANDRIA:
Well... What if she di...
AUTO:
(cutting her off) DON’T! Don’t even think it!! please. I’ll... I’ll..
(Ambulance sirens wail and EMTs rush in rolling a stretcher)
EMT 1:
Get back! Everybody get back!
(Auto goes white with fright)
Ah! Gees, we have to take him too.
ZANDRIA:
(looks around then says to herself) No way I’m staying at school if they get to leave! (fakes shock)
EMT 1:
(irritated) Awww crud! Do we have room for three?
EMT 2:
(thinks about it then) It’ll be tight but I think it’ll work.
EMT 1:
Well get them on! NOW!
(EMTs put them on the stretchers and Loads the ambulance)
( in the back of the ambulance)
AUTO:
What are you doing!?
ZANDRIA:
Shh! you’re going to get us both caught.
(Both remain silent)
Aqua lays still on the stretcher, she can hear Auto and Zandria talking but she couldn’t move or speak. She fights for consciousness and her life.
End Scene...
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is the first scene of my play please let me know what you think