The Tragedy of Aqua

Scene 7- DEATH

Scene 7- DEATH!!!

Aqua runs to the airport, buys a ticket on the earliest flight.. Two hours away. She paces nervously. In two hours surely Auto would be awake! And she was right. He came after her. Auto ran after Aqua as she ran to board the plane.

AUTO:

AQUA! STOP!

AQUA:

(turning white) I... Can’t Auto... DON’T follow me!... I love you. (running for her seat) Goodbye Auto.

AUTO:

Why!? (turning to the Gate Attendant) Where was that plane headed?!

GATE ATTENDANT:

I’m sorry sir, I cannot tell you.

AUTO:

Why is that?

GATE ATTENDANT:

I’m not allowed to give out information like that to people who seem dangerous..

AUTO:

And I seem dangerous?! I’m just trying to save my wife’s life!?

GATE ATTENDANT:

Yes!.... Sir, you’re scaring me.

AUTO:

Good! I’m scared! I’m fearing for my wife’s life! The mother of my two little babies! Just tell me where she went! PLEASE!

GATE ATTENDANT:

I... Cannot. How do I know you’re her husband?!

AUTO:

What do I have to do to prove it to you? (crying) I love her! I don’t want to raise our children alone! Pleas tell me!!

GATE ATTENDANT:

(giving in) This plane is headed to... (still uncertain) China.

AUTO:

Thank you! When’s the next flight?

GATE ATTENDANT:

Eight hours.

AUTO:

(runs to the sales counter) Ma’m? I need a ticket on your earliest flight to China.

SALES LADY:

That’ll be 35 Euros please. (he complied and she handed him a ticket and told him the time and gate number of the flight)

AUTO:

Thank you. (called over his shoulder as he walks away.

A few hours later, Aqua lands in China. She spots Zandria who was on her way to Japan, seeing as she’d given up on searching China.

AQUA:

Please God help me! (praying to herself and running after Zandria then calling at the top of her lungs) ZANDRIA!

ZANDRIA:

(Turning with a scowl) Aqua! Where is your dear sweet Auto?

AQUA:

Somewhere you’ll never find him. This is between you and me. What have I done to make you hate me so?

ZANDRIA:

I... You stole him... It doesn’t matter... Come with me.

AQUA:

If I do will you leave Auto, and any other family of ours, mine, and Auto’s alone? Do you swear?

ZANDRIA:

Yes. I will. (she said with inner turmoil) I swear.

AQUA:

I’ll go as long as you swear NEVER to hurt them.

ZANDRIA:

I do. I swear. (they leave together)

AQUA:

What are you going to do with me?

ZANDRIA:

(unsure) I... I don’t know.

In Germany about five or six hours later:

LADY:

Yes, of course I’ll watch Tod and Victoria until you return.

AUTO:

And if we don’t... I mean If we can’t. Will you raise them?

LADY:

I don’t... I can but don’t say things like that. I don’t want to think of it. Good-bye Auto.

AUTO:

Okay, make sure they know we love them.

LADY:

I will. (crying) Be sure to come back.

AUTO:

If it’s in my power me and Aqua will return.

LADY:

Good luck and God’s speed.

He boards the plane after kissing the babies and hugging Lady.

Back in China:

AQUA:

Are you going to kill me or not?!

ZANDRIA:
I... Don’t know. (still unsure) Let me sleep on it... You’re not thinking of leaving or doing something stupid are you?

AQUA:

No. I give my word if you will not harm my family or Auto’s.

ZANDRIA:

Then you won’t be going anywhere. I swear I won’t harm them.

AQUA:

Then I’ll stay right here. (sitting on the beat up old couch)

(Zandria sleeps, the forces visit her for the 10th time in a week)

VOICE 1:

You’ve seen your future if you continue on this path what is your choice?

ZANDRIA:

What need I do? (sobbing)

VOICE 2:

Pray: Father in heaven I know I am a sinner. I know I am lost without you, but you sent your son to die for my sins and I want to believe in you right now I know you are willing to save me and now I want that salvation so I can live my life for you.

(Zandria prayed this and woke up)

ZANDRIA:

Aqua! Guess what!

AQUA:

Have you decided to kill me?

ZANDRIA:
No. I got saved!

AQUA:

That’s great! So.. I can go home now?

ZANDRIA:

Yes, I won’t be bothering you anymore. I..

Auto bursts into the room stopping her midsentance.

AUTO:

I’ll not let you harm my wife or my children!!!

ZANDRIA:

(shocked and enraged by the revelation of their children) I wasn’t going to! I wasn’t aware that you had CHILDREN! (grabs scissors to fight him off. Running at him and Aqua she trips stabbing herself. Before she dies she repents. It was the last thing she ever did)

AQUA:

Auto, you idiot! She wasn’t going to hurt me or anyone else! (shocked and disappointed)

AUTO:

I’m sorry. I was just trying to protect you. I didn’t know and I DID NOT kill her! (angry and shocked)

AQUA:

I know, but... Oh Auto! Just hold me! (sobbing)

AUTO:

My pleasure. (pulling her into his arms and holding her tightly. They stayed like this for sevral minutes before Auto kissed her then Aqua broke the silence)

AQUA:

We need to call... Someone..

AUTO:

I know. (they did and gave their report of what happened)

A few hours later they went back to Germany. Arriving at Lady’s house a few minutes after landing. They knocked on the door...

LADY:

Who... (wearily voice shaking a little) Who is it?

AQUA:

It’s me... Aqua.

LADY:

(coming to the door) Where’s Auto? Is he okay? Are you okay? (she questioned. Slowly opening the door.) Your babies have cried nonstop!

TOD AND VICTORIA:

(from the next room) WAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

LADY:

You see! (as Aqua rushes past her to the baby room)

AQUA:

Thank you. (called over her shoulder) It’s okay mommy’s here!

AUTO:

(following at a slightly slower pace) And so is daddy. (drawing Aqua into his arms and kissing her) I missed you!

AQUA:

And I missed you! (kissing him back)

Victoria and Tod coo at their parents before falling asleep.

AUTO:

What do you say to hanging around for another week or two?

AQUA:

Well that’s the great thing about my boss, you see she seems to do just about anything you ask... I think she likes you. (jokingly)

AUTO:

Oh really.. I may have to look into that. (he said mischievously) I kinda thought she might love me?

AQUA:
Oh she does!

AUTO:

And I love her. (eyes gleaming)

AQUA:

But I thought you loved me! (fake hurt and shock)

AUTO:

Oh I do. It’s a good thing you are one and the same.

AQUA:

Oh yeah.. (in fake remembrance) I am my own boss!

They laugh all the way to their room. That night Auto’s arms around her were tighter than ever before as if he were afraid she would try to leave again. He also slept lighter, so he immediately woke when she tried to pry herself out of his arms.

AUTO:

(suspiciously) Where do you think you’re going?

AQUA:

To the bathroom. Unless you want to get wet?

AUTO:

I’ll go with you.

AQUA:

Why? I’m not leaving you I didn’t want to the first time. What is your problem?!

AUTO:

I love you that’s my problem, and I want to be with you and protect you and you hurt me!

AQUA:

I’m sorry, I had to leave. I didn’t mean to hurt you.. I love you more than life itself! I would never leave you unless I had to!

Auto follows her to the bathroom anyway. Then back to bed in silence. When he tried to pull her into his arms she shrugged him off and rolled to the other side of the bed.

End scene.