Is Third Time Really A Charm

Riding Home With Friends Isn't Always The Best Sol

"I don't see why you even like this song! Its so sad!" Sam said as she changed the radio in front of her. We were on our way back from a party at my cousins house.

"Hey! That was a good song, dammit!" Erik said switching the station back. Erik and Sam fought like this a lot. Little fights, though. Sam and Erik have been dating for about a year now. Erik has been my best friend for as long as I can remember. Sam had moved here from out of state a couple years back. It seems as though shes been here forever. Me and Sam dated off and on since she got here, but by the looks of it, I don't think its going to happen again anytime soon. "Sam! If you touch that radio one more time, I'm go-" The rest of Erik's sentence was mumbled by Sam's hand that covered his mouth.

"Wait... did you guys hear that? It's the sound of no one caring!" Sam was really goofy when she had had a couple drinks. But she was really honest, too. Me and Erik take care of her though. She's quite a tiny person. She's the youngest of the 3 of us but only by a year. And with her just celebrating her 18th birthday, she's done alot of growing up....sort of...

"Why you have to be so mean huh punk?" Erik said tickling Sam's sides. She's extremely ticklish.

"Because I'm in control of Chester's radio and I can!" Yes, Chester is me.

"Hey, just calm down. No fighting in my truck!" I said to make them shut up at least until they get back to my house. "Hm. Thats what I thought." I said smirking a little at them. Both of them quiet and pouting, a miracle. The last 10 minutes home were dead silent except for the radio, which I changed to what I wanted to listen to.

I could tell Same and Erik were tired. They had been partying all night long and when Sam starts, its REALLY hard to make her stop! I held the door open so Erik could carry in Sam who had passed out minutes before we got home. Erik lives with me in my spare bedroom and Sam lives right down the street. If I had an extra room she could use that because she wont share a room with Erik for some weird reason. He laid her down on the couch in the living room off to the left.

"Dude, you tired yet?" Erik asked sitting down by Sam so she could lay on him.

"Not at all man." I said plopping down into the recliner and turning the TV on.

"Mind if I crash early?"

"I'm not stopping you." I said lifting my feet up to let him threw.

Erik closed his eyes and put his arms around Sam. I never really noticed how beautiful she was until she was asleep. I knew she really cared about me before, but I thought she'd be like the rest, but she was different. I think I really cared for her too, but not like before. And it scared me, thats why i never got TOO close to her. But tonight, seeing her asleep reminded me of my feelings for her. Especially seeing her with Erik like that. A couple months ago, I told her I kind of still like her and she said she did too. Does she still feel the same?
♠ ♠ ♠
it gets much better^^