Is Third Time Really A Charm

Breakfast, Serving It Up With A Side Of Guilt

."Hurry up, dammit! We don't have all day, hes going to wake up soon!"

"Well if you keep yelling like this he'll be up even sooner!"

"Well SORRY!" I heard Sam from in the kitchen. They're so funny when they fight. I got up and stretched. "MM... something smells good in here." I said walking over to the bar in front of where Erik and Sam were cooking.

"Shit! See you and your big mouth woke him up!" Erik said pointing a spatula towards Sam.

"No! It was you and your negativity that woke him up! I was doing just fine but NO you just HAD to criticize everything i do." Sam said looking over at Erik laughing.

"No, no. It wasn't either of you."

"See! It wasn't me!" Sam said smiling at Erik and turning back around. "We're having bacon, eggs, sausage, and toast."

"Sounds awesome to me."

While we were eating i caught Sam looking over at me a few times and smile. Did she remember what i said? Its not like i could ask her with Erik right there. I was quiet while i ate. Sam and Erik messed with each other while they ate. Like pushing food into each others mouth. Sam sat with her hands in her lap while Erik finished eating. "See, you aren't going to do anything." Erik said. Then he dropped his fork. "Stop that!" Sam giggled and put her hands back up on the table.

"I didn't do anything."

"Thats just cruel! Don't touch me while I'm eating."

"Ewe..." I said getting up from the table and putting my plate in the sink.

Clean up was very silent. "Hey I'm going back to my place. I'll be over later." Sam said as she got her stuff together.

"OK just don't miss me too much." Erik said wiping his hands off.

"Ha ha very funny." Sam said hugging him. I miss her hugs. She always hugged me when i looked sad or even sometimes if i didn't. I tried not to stare at them but it was hard not to. I kept glancing over at them. the last time i looked over they were kissing. I bit my bottom lip. I didn't hear what they said i was too self-absorbed in my own thoughts. "Oh, Chester! You look so sad...does someone need a hug?"

"What?!" I said attempting to turn around. Sam caught me half way there and gave me a huge bear hug. I just laughed and hugged back the best way i could.

"See you guys later!" She said running out the door. Everything about her is amazing. The way she walks, talks, everything! Erik doesn't know how lucky he is...

"Dude, we have to work on the truck." Erik said putting the towel he had down.

"Yeah, ever since the transmission went out Ive had to use that other piece of shit we call a truck." Erik laughed as we went out to the garage.

There was an awkward silence between us while we tore the truck apart. Was there something wrong? "Dude we have to talk." Erik said breaking the silence.

"What about, man?" I asked standing up.

"Sam." Se said with this weird look on his face. Did she tell him what i said?! No, she wouldn't.

"Is there something wrong with you guys?"

"A little. She, she still likes you...a lot. And it kind of bugs me cause you two were pretty close before i came along.

"Don't worry, i wont take her from you man. I'm not like that." He let out a sigh of relief.

"Thanks, bro. She kept glancing at you and smiling while you were still sleeping and she was the one who wanted to make you breakfast. So i had to ask, since she cant lie to me."

"Oh..." I said going back to what i was doing. I felt bad, this is my best friend's girlfriend. I shouldn't fell this way about her. No matter what our past is! This isn't right!
♠ ♠ ♠
whats going to happen next :)